“Cheap! This is the hotel if u want low cost .. its clean bed ok but railroad right behind u”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 4 July 2011

If you are looking to spend 35 for a place to sleep that is clean this is the place... It's old and the train will wake u!! But u will only spend $35.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank clippermama

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Old run down motel, that's too close to the railroad tracks. Dead roaches were found in the room! Beds weren't very comfortable, but what do you expect for a cheap motel like this one!?!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank The_Ross_Family
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The air conditioning is terrible. The manager said the cooler- not an air conditioning unit would cool the room- it never happened. The hotel is also plagued by seedy characters hanging around the hotel in the evening. There is no continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This motel was clean looking. Carpets were stained. Ice machine broke. You had to go to office to get ice from an outside ice bin. Manager had to take padlock off. If you needed ice at night, you were out of luck. Free breakfast was advertised. Breakfast starts at 7:30. All my husband got was a cup of coffee. What rolls they had were gone by 7:30. No one working to replace rolls. Had to toss room key in a container on desk.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MickMinn
Reviewed 31 May 2010

This hotel room was old and dirty. The bedding smelled bad. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank dml240
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I am writing this review from room 168 right now, Dec 7, 2009, the internet works well and fast. So I have to give them a big plus for that. This is the best internet I have found in 5 days of travel.

I wish I could give a good rating, but as with all the budget motels I stay at, they are 80% OK, and the 20% that is lacking is always a surprise. This one was no exception. I had a coupon that I got from the Arizona Visitors center on I40, and decided this one looked good. $33+tax for 2 people and a continental breakfast.

We hauled our things in to room 168 at 1AM after waking up the owner and checking in. As we walked into the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room look nice, just remodeled, and was well lit. The king size bed look level and firm. It appeared to be all clean. We pulled back the bedspread to find a hair on one of the pillows, then another hair and another, and then looked at the sheets. There were hairs all over the sheets and pillows. At least 20 hairs just on one side of the bed. I didn't want to think that the sheets were not washed, but it appears that they were not. Why would there be so many hairs on the sheets if they were washed. Yuck! We decided to flip the bottom sheet inside out and remake the bed. We took off all the sheets and blankets and pulled the bottom sheet off to find that the mattress liner was extremely FILTHY double-yuck. We shook out the sheets as best we could, spent 10 min picking off all the hairs. it was after 1AM and I wasn't going to wake up the manager again. I had 2 sheets in the car, but only for a single bed, so we made one side of the bed up with our own sheets and a sleeping bag, and I slept on the other side. Triple Yuck! It was hard to sleep since we didn't get to sleep till about 2:30AM and I kept thinking about those darn sheets. Well, maybe I'll learn to stay at a slightly more expensive motel, or bring my own large sheets next trip.

The sink is all remodeled and new so no complaints there, except that the light above the sink doesn't turn on unless you tap the side of the light.

The bathroom didn't get remodeled as extensively as the rest of the room and the plumbing looks original, it not only dripped, it ran a steady stream out. Probably used 100 gallons of water just while we where there. I tried to tight it up but no luck. The water pressure was amazing, and very hot, so no complaints there, except maybe they could get some 1.5 gpm shower heads to save some water and not splash all over. The back of the toilet is a plastic oversized lid, because the original lid is gone. The bathroom door doesn't latch on the first push, or the second push, or the third try, you have to push against it with your entire body to get it to latch.

Continental breakfast served from 7:30AM to 10:30AM consisted of 2 types of mini-muffins wrapped in plastic and a pot of coffee. I don't drink coffee so I just had 2 mini-muffins for my continental breakfast. Blah. no orange juice or milk. So low marks there on the breakfast. Not sure what the definition of continental breakfast is, but this is probably not it.

The heater ran fine all night, and looks fairly new. It is a Sanyo AC/Heater combo in the front wall.

From reading the other reviews, it looks like clean sheets is an ongoing problem with this management, if they could just get past this problem, and pay attention to the other 20% little details, they would have a lot better reviews.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Without a doubt the worst hotel stay I have ever had. Even worse than my room in Jagna Bahol Philipines. At least they gave me clean sheets. My sheets at Rodeway were used by some one before me and stained. The plumbing was all messed up. The shower head got everything wet but me.The tub drain clogged. The sink on the other hand had no plug. No value at any price. I would rather sleep on the ground for free.. Never stay there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo