“Best Italian food I've had in years”

Mattina's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mattina's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Kingman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eugene
“Best Italian food I've had in years”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Wow! What a find. Everything was perfect here. We arrived on a Wednesday night at 6:45. The genera manager, Jason warned us that he could seat us right away but food would take awhile as a party of 25 had just placed an order. We were not in a hurry so we're not bothered by the wait. We shared a caprese salad and had a glass of wine. Jason continued to be our server and did a fantastic job. I ordered chicken Parmesan which had fantastic flavor. I wasn't able to finish it all and the left overs heated up well the next day. My hubby had the filet medallions. They had excellent flavor and were so tender they could be cut with a butter knife. We also shared a slice of key lime pie. It was light and fluffy with just the right amount of tartness. Our total bill came to $88. I highly recommend Mattina's if you ever find yourself in Kingman AZ.

2 Thank luckyinlove02

uk
“Service with a smile? No chance!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having read other reviews we felt confident of a nice evening out; unfortunately this was not to be the case.

A warm welcome and a menu that looked authentic enough with a good choice of wines was a promising start. It went downhill from there.

Although the restaurant was not busy we had 3 servers - including the Maître De' but it took quite a while for the red wine to appear. However, this paled into insignificance once the main courses arrived. Mine was luke warm (not even hot in the middle) and when I pointed this out to our server he replied 'oh, so you want it hotter'! 'No', I replied 'I want it hot'. The plate was taken away and returned after about 10 minutes and 'slapped down' in front of me. No apology. I requested a fork, as mine was on the returned plate, and waited several minutes before I was given a Desert fork. I politely pointed out that a dinner fork was required and the server disappeared - never to appear again! I went into the kitchen and asked for a dinner fork. The dish was actually quite tasty but by this time my wife had all but finished her meal.

Throughout the evening no-one apologised for the meal or service - though our server did offer us a complimentary desert - he didn't say why.

i would expect - and get, better service in a fast food cafe but for the best restaurant in town (charging top $ prices) this was disappointing to say the least.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank VANDICARLTON
Kodak, Tennessee, United States
“Unbelievable food in Kingman, Arizona”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Who would have thought that the most incredible Italian meal ever would be here. Everything I had was first class from the appetizer (Escargot) to the main course (veal Marsala). My wife's meal was equally spectacular from the spinach salad to the sea bass. Our waiter Kenneth was very efficient and took care of all our needs. He also has a great personality. To top things off there is a piano player and he is also very talented.

Unfortunately, Kingman is not a place I might ever go though again but I can always hope there's a reason to return if just for another incredible meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ed_Pepling
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Gem”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Thank you Trip Adviser for a great recommendation! This is a welcome gem in a land of fast food! The atmosphere, wine selection, and authentic Italian menu rival any big town restaurant. Enjoy, and hope to see you next year!!

1 Thank Melissa J
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Italy in Kingman, Arizona.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor for recommending Mattina's. We're on holiday from Australia (road trip on Route 66) and came here based on reviews. I had Joey's Salmon w creamy Lemon Caper sauce and the Angel Hair pasta which was DIVINE!!!
My husband had Nonna's Lobster Ravioli w steamed Brocolini which was also awesome!!
The 2 best Italian meals I've had in my entire life (so far) have been in The States, 1 in New York (Little Italy) & this hidden gem in Kingman... - you read that right, Mattina's is on par with Little Italy, NY.
Many thanks to Kenneth & Jason for your friendly hospitality. We can't rate this place highly enough!
If you're in the area, definitely visit Mattina's. You won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Kylie H