Mattina's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mattina's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 120 Restaurants in Kingman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Both my wife and I had the rib eye steak dinner. The Capone. No taste to either steak. Mine was tender enough...hers was not. The red potatoes they served were dry and amounted to 3 fork fulls. Her angel hair pasta was flavorful but dry. Jason felt bad about the room being so warm he comped the dessert but the chg showed up on the bill anyway. I gotta tell you they had no lack of customers but we can't figure out why. I think it's Kingman and maybe becuz it's supposed to be a classy place in a western town. The pianist was awesome...we liked him. WE WILL NOT BE BACK...
We can find another way to spend our $85.33.

1  Thank B C

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Food is OK; service is wannabe, that is, they want to be a good, small town, upscale restaurant, but they have not mastered the arts of customer service or understanding customers. For the prices they charge, customer service is critical to keeping the doors open. Our experience was simple: we were only the third table to be seated on a weekday evening. The other two tables were already eating their entrees. We waited an hour for our food, with no reason for the delay, no anything until we yipped to the waitress, who told us their was a big party in the back and their appetizers took priority. Wait and wait. A manager type came by to say the food was not ready, but it would be. Wait and wait. Finally the food arrives. No apologies, just the standard "Is everything OK." They knew we were unhappy with the service which led to avoiding eye contact. They asked our dessert order. We asked for the check. They brought a comp key lime pie. We sent it back. Too late. Our advice to them: tell people what's going on, rather than leaving them stewing and wondering. There are many simple ways to keep customers on your side before a problem. It's very tough to keep a customer after the problem sets in. Decent food leaving a very bad taste.

1  Thank Glenn F
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were greeted cordially by the pianist, then the manager asked if we had reservations, to which we replied, "no." We were seated near the front door; in the late afternoon, with the sun setting; bright glare occurred each time the door was opened, which was unnerving. The server was very nice, and the food exceptional; I made a special request and it exceeded my expectations. What I found odd was that the manager never again acknowledged us nor any other patrons, only concentrating on a couple from Alaska that sat in a corner of the front area. This was our most expensive meal on a three-week road trip. I am glad we chose Mattina's; however, because we were so tired from a day of driving, we didn't say anything about where we were seated. The server did understand and remarked that the sun can be bright at that time of day. I would have given this 5 stars except for the unpleasantness of where the manager chose to seat us, and that he never once asked how we were enjoying our meal, a special extra that other restaurants of this ilk do.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rack of lamb was to die for. The service is very good ,this is the best restaurant in Kingman Arizona !!!! Good piano music also !.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The building and atmosphere aren't the greatest I've ever had, but the food is. The building is an old house that has been made into a restaurant, so it has a different feel than most restaurants. BUT THE FOOD....amazing. The Sophia Loren (Chicken Florentine) absolutely will not disappoint (I'm not normally a chicken guy, but I can't believe how good this is). The filet mignon medallions are also absolutely amazing. Be sure to start your meal off with the Calamari Steak appetizer.

I don't think they are open for anything but dinner. So call first to check their hours.

Love, love, love this food! My wife and I have eaten all over the world, and we always compare our food to Mattina's....haven't found any better food.

Been to Mattina's Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!