“Rip off and they take NO responsibility!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arizona Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Arizona Inn
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Rip off and they take NO responsibility!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I drove nearly 15 hrs with 2 teens in my car in 100 deg heat, by the time I reached Kingman, the night we stayed here. First I went to motel6, but at 10pm at night, they had nothing left except for those who made reservations. Right across the street was this motel, so we jumped at it since I was actually physically ill from driving so long and hot! I was shocked when they said no charge for the WIFI and service was speedy, but if you give out the code to anyone else other than who they gave it to, they will charge you $35!
They told me $2 deposit to insure we return the room key, which was plastic as all motels now. Could not believe though, that their price was exact as Motel6. I paid though, thinking the room must be nice for that price! WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!
We had medication on our bodies from the last motel that gave us bed bugs, so as soon as we walked in the room, smelled like a rotting body in there, and floor was discolored from so much contamination! We each had to grab one pair of socks to put on when we had to step onto floor to not catch anything living in that carpet! The blanket smelled like a very bad yeast infection sat on it. (i used to care for elderly with those issues and know the smell)! We all got our own blankets we had been using the whole trip, our own towels since the motel ones all had stains of god knows what on them. No cups or ice machine, so I had to use my own mug i brought & take up the last of ice in ice food bag I invented on the road. The outlets where far from the beds, so i had to use the one in the bathroom area. That was scary since the whole outlet was hanging OUT of the wall! I just figured, if i get electrocuted, they will get a BIG lawsuit from my family and me!
I needed a shower very bad, got my own soap since there was none. The water pressure was barely coming out, but i got the job done. It got real hot in there though, so I opened the window in the shower area just to crack it a bit, and MASSIVE amount of insects jumped up to come in, (no screen on window). It scared me so bad i nearly slipped in there. I shut it before the whole clan made it inside. I got out, then noticed that all the walls in there, including the bathroom door, all had graffiti and lots of phone numbers! It was as if I was in a bar and using the toilet in the ghetto! As I was drying myself off, there were cock roaches crawling all over the floor! EWWW!
I was just to darn tired out to get out and go looking for another place, so we all just went to bed. My back hurt so bad from the hard as a rock bed, so i tossed & turned, with hardly any sleep! Not to mention that there were also bed bugs THERE as well! MORE welts on our bodies!!!
Checked out asap the next day, to get my $2 back, but did complain about everything. They said the person in charge was not there to handle the complaint, but they offered to keep my name and number for owner to call me back.
2 days later when no return call, I called them. Spoke with owner, and all he could say was that, if you didn't like the room, then why did you stay in it? I told him that how was I suppose to know there would be bed bugs, or that his disgusting bed was not going to allow me to sleep?! I was trying to just stay positive and get through that one last night of our trip! I didn't ask for a 100% refund since we DID stay the night, but I did ask for half compensation of having to stay in such filth and being attacked by the bugs. He said he would have his pest control company come check it all out. If his company finds what was in there, he would call me with some compensation. Never heard from him again! This all happened last month! I only just found this review site last night! Before this I was using Yelp, which apparently does not have even half the amount of users as I can find on here to give me good advise on where to stay or not now!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Reviewlady1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The owners are friendly, but upon entering the room you could smell urine, and there was a cock roach hanging out above the door frame. Immediately went and got my money back and left. Luckily I hadn't opened any of the luggage so they didn't have a chance to get in my stuff.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Jason B
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

There's no nicer way to say what's in the title. Yep, quite cheap, but still not worth it. Dumpy, smelly, dirt. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have stayed here. But now you know, too. The place isn't worth it & is to be avoided.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank hawknjaguar
Sydney Central
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

rooms seemed clean on entering but soon changed on inspection. Tiles loose in bathroom, mold in bath area, and a dirty mark at base of toilet bowl. Yes, I know cheap to stay, BUT I have stayed in similar priced places and they were much better. Man that greet us was strange.. sniffed my husband when he requested non smoking.. WTF???

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joan H
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

It may be other places that suffer the same fate as this one in all of 'historic' Kingman, that trains pass in the middle night, sounding their horns as they do, every 30 minutes or so, waking up those who are light sleepers, while even heavy sleepers, like myself, woke up at least 4 times during the night. If you are on your way to or from the grand canyon, stop here during the day, or have dinner, but try sleeping somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oddholio
Saint Johns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel was OK. It was the cheapest we could find on internet, and just for one night. Best location in Kingman to sleep then go early to Hoover Dam/Las Vegas. No fridge or microwave. Room was pretty "tired". But, it was only $47.38 incl tax; others were over $60. Sooo, depends on what you want to do in Kingman. BTW, restaurants all close early, by 9:30pm, so plan accordingly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 7Wunders
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Near route 66, but also right near the railroad and all the trains pass in the middle of the night sounding their very loud horns as they go. Rooms are just about clean, but evidence of previous guests on the walls which are well grubby. Toilet just about flushed and shower ok, but everything is a bit worn out and in need of upgrading. Big bed, clean and comfortable and you get a fridge, tv, and air con (working too). Wi fi is free and worked fine in our room. Cost us 40 bucks, so well cheap and area is safe enough. Not great customer service at front desk, but what can you expect for 25 quid. Ok for one night, but not longer. Pool is hilarious in middle of car park, funnily enough we didn't use it! Stay at your own peril, but it just about did us for one night.

• Stayed September 2012