“Wow, What a Surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wow, What a Surprise!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

On a road trip from Albuquerque to LA. Needed a spot to put my head down at a reasonable cost and I didn't expect much. What a very pleasant surprise....ultra clean....soft pillows...nice linens... Great space and decor. Top it with an everything you could want hot breakfast! I will stay there on my way back.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
Peach Springs, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Room was quiet and bed comfortable. Excellant nights sleep! We have dogs at home, so this was nice. Enjoyed the breakfast, didn't have to wait, everything was fresh and hot, staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

We stay here often and are never disappointed. The service is efficient, the rooms well equipped and clean, the breakfast better than most. Across the street is Oyster's for dinner......they have very good Mexican food......makes spending the night in Kingman a pleasure.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was our first visit to Wayfarer's. We met my brother and sister-in-law here before traveling to our rental in Mohave Valley, AZ. The personnel were extremely friendly and went out of their way to get us a room close to my brother. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast of sausages, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, sweet rolls and muffins, was a great way to start the day. Restaurants are close by and very good also.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We saw the great reviews from here and had very high expectations. The hotel in general, room and breakfast certainly met the high expectations. Large room, comfortable bed, nice flat screen TV and fantastic breakfast. The price was very good and no noise issues.
However, service from the front desk was lacking which is why I marked it down. They certainly were efficient and did their job well but did not go out of their way to be friendly. The gentleman at check in basically rebuffed any attempt at conversation and the ladies next morning just smiled when I tried to talk to them. This was quite a surprise given all that I had read about this hotel and the general friendly approach from other places we stayed in Arizona. I do hope this attitude problem is addressed as good customer service is much more than a clean hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
caryswenson56, Manager at Best Western Plus A Wayfarer's Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
I am sorry about the cold reception that you received at my front desk at check in and check out. I am sorry this has happened. I am addressing this issue with my staff at at the current moment. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to give you a warm reception and departure.

I am disappointed that my staff acted this way. We are in the hospitality industry which means being hospitable to our guests. If we cannot be pleasant to our guests then we have no right or deserve to be in this business.

Once again my apologies.

Cary Swenson
Manager
Sturgeon County,Alberta
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Room was clean and good beds which are a priority to us.We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. Our stay was great the breakfast was also great! Wouod recommend this hotel to our friends thanks for the good service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Really good hotel with a few (isolated??) issues during this stay.

Stayed years ago and gave it 5 stars. This time around though, the desk clerk seemed to tolerate us because it was in his job description. No smile or good cheer. Maybe he just had a bad day.

In the room were noises I don't remember from previous stays:
Refrigerator a bit noisy.
Noises from other rooms more obvious ( microwave & showers).

And what happened to having blankets on a bed. This trend of using "bed spreads" as a blanket is bothersome.

Anyway... Good hotel with a couple issues during this particular stay.

• Stayed March 2013