Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites
US$140
La Quinta
US$168
Hampton.com
El Trovatore Motel(Kingman)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$161
Arizona Inn(Kingman)
US$57
1,427 results
All reviewshash brownsbest westernsdonutsgrand canyongreat breakfastreal plateswestern hotelsplace to staybed was very comfortablesitting arearoad tripgreat roomclean roomstrain trackssmoking roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was a long planned bucket-list trip to the national parks that was interrupted by the government shutdown. Thank you Congress! Thank goodness for the NV, UT, CO, AZ state parks and Native American tourist sites. With our reservations in Grand Canyon cancelled, we opted to head for Grand Canyon West and stayed at this BW. It is located just off I40 and is about 2 hours from the canyon. It is an older BW. We had a standard room with a small bathroom off the alcove containing the sink area. The door to the bathroom would not stay open and was strung open by a cord from the wall phone located next to the toilet. The exhaust fan sounded like a B-52. But the room was clean and the amenities included a full breakfast. Overall it is an OK place to stay if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice rooms spacious and clean. The breakfast was quite good. We were traveling with Road Scholar and not able to stay at the Grand Canyon due to the shutdown. We spent 2 nights here and were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room was exceptionally large, excellent décor and amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful. It is pet friendly and the pet room we had was extremely clean with no left over pet odors. The hotel is fairly near train tracks so the only negative if you're sensitive to noise is an occasional low rumble of a train going by. It didn't bother us at all!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 9 October 2013

So, this wasn't my favorite pet-friendly hotel, but as options are usually pretty limited, it wasn't a bad choice. Their pet fee is the lowest I could find ($8 as of Sep '13) and they didn't require a deposit like the other Best Western in town. However, I did not see a place for dogs to do their business, and we ended up taking them on the edge of the property near some gravel/rubble. Also, with pets only being allowed in certain rooms, you KNOW there are previous pet messes and my dogs would not quite sniffing and trying to mark over them (which we stopped, but it was close). I was disappointed to find that pets are not allowed in the suites, which meant there were 2 adults, 2 toddlers and 2 dogs in one oversize room....not my favorite situation. But I didn't knock points for that.

The room itself (double queen) was bigger than a normal hotel room and the beds were surprisingly comfy. We had enough room for our large dog crate without it being in the way. The bathroom is small and the shower part was not very well lit but it served its purpose and there was TONS of hot hot water. As far as I could tell, the walls are thick and buffer sound well. Except for people outside, I didn't hear anyone. There are a few food choices nearby, but since I didn't want to drive anymore we ate at the restaurant right next to the hotel, JB's.

The free breakfast was actually really good. There weren't enough places to sit when we went, but once a table opened up we all had a nice hot breakfast and a good start to the day. While this wasn't my favorite hotel ever, their breakfast is one of the best I've had at this level of hotels. We used the government rate and I felt we got a pretty good value for the price.

Again, there aren't a lot of good options when you travel with pets, but if your trip passes through Kingman, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stopped in Kingman between the hiking portion of our trip and the luxury portion. The hotel is a typical BW which means it is clean, comfortable and well located. We have stayed at the other BW in Kingman several times before and decided to try this one, forgetting that it backs up to the rail road track that follows route 66. However with the fan on high, you could not hear the trains during the night. The trains no longer use their horns during the night. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. The price for the night was excellent. Will stay there again. For travelers with dogs, it appeared that they had rooms that accepted pets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple