“One of the best BW+ hotels”

Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carlsbad, United States
“One of the best BW+ hotels”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were very impressed with the staff, each of whom was pleasant and very helpful. The first night our room was too hot and as soon as we told someone the next morning, she sent the maintenance person who figured out the problem and fixed it so the rest of the stay was comfortable. We liked having both a desk and the small sofa and chair. We loved being on Old Route 66.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

One of the best hotels in the B/W chain that you can stay at. I travel well over 150 nights per year and stay at all types. This hotel exceeded my expectations for the brand and location. You will NOT be disappointed

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Nagano, Japan
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our stay at this hotel did not start very well. I was staying there with my 86 years old uncle. Our car broke down and we had to contact the owner of the car to notify him. We came around 2-3 hours before check in time, and they were not going to let us move inn before that time. I have asked if we can make an emergency call regarding the car and we were told that it is not possible. I was told that I can do that, only from our room, but since they were not going to let us check inn a bit early, we were not able to make that call. I asked the woman on the reception what guest do in case they have an emergency, how do they call, so I was told that guest use their mobile phones for that. We were very luck that there was another guest from the hotel, that listen to our conversation with the reception and gave us his phone to make that call for 2 minutes, with no hesitation. Both of us, me and my uncle came from a long oversea trip and all we had is a mare one day to go to see the Grand Canyon. The reception lady (do not remember her name, but she was blond with huge eyes) was not very helpful at all. They basically were quoting what the hotel manual was teaching them to say, with no heart involved whatsoever !! The phone on the desk at our room was not working so we did not hear the message that was left for us. During check out, we were asked if everything in the room was o.k I told them about the phone that did not worked in the room, and they simply said nothing, pretty much ignoring my answer. No apologies, no "thank you Mr. for letting us know, and we will fix it" . Absolutely NOTHING !!! We were VERY disappointed from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
bwkingsinn, Owner at Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Kings Inn & Suites. Your car was overheating when you arrived and the front desk agent helped you get water to take care of the immediate situation.Our records show that you arrived on 9/19/13 shortly after the check out time of the previous nights guests. We had limited ability to provide you with an early check in because of the requests on your reservation. The front desk agent did contact housekeeping to make sure the room would be available as soon as possible. You did ask to use a phone and the desk agent inquired if it was an overseas call because the address on your reservation was overseas. Calling overseas from the US requires different dialing than calls within the US. You choose to engage other guests in the lobby rather than provide the information. The front desk agent did advise you that a trip to Grand Canyon West Sky-walk was not prudent because of the 100+ degree heat, the problems with your car, and the lack of services on the unimproved road where you could be over 2 hours from help with a disabled vehicle. We did check the phones in your room after you checked out and found them to be working properly. I do apologize for the circumstances you encountered.
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I look forward to staying at this BW as I know everyone has a smile, a wonderful personality and is extremely helpful. I truly enjoy how comfortable the beds are, as well as the clean rooms. Love, love, love the shower as it is nicer than my home ... LOL! Definitely a great place to stay whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed in several hotels traveling from NC to CA and this was the best nights stay out of them all. Staff was very friendly and helpful - breakfast was by far the best and the young lady preparing and servicing the area was very cheerful and seemed to enjoy her job. The hotel was clean and the bed was very comfortable - would stay here again should the opportunity arise.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My teenage son and I spent our Thanksgiving vacation at the King's Inn again this year. And, just like last year, it was awesome. For me, a hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, so it's the little things that make the difference to me.

The service at King's Inn isn't a "little thing", though. There's just no way to express how wonderful the entire staff is - everyone from housekeeping to the desk clerks to the gals who handle breakfast - everyone we have ever encountered here is incredibly friendly. (Maybe it's something in the water in Kingman - we've never encountered anyone anywhere in the city who wasn't smiling and friendly.)

I adore the beds - which had 3-4 NICE pillows on each, plus a big bolster. That was a lovely thing for me, since I like to use my laptop in bed. And, of course, the REAL coffee mugs and glasses in the rooms, plus the recycling bins (in the room and outside, in the walkways). The breakfast was still awesome. Maybe TOO awesome, since it was always packed this time. LOL

I've read many of the other reviews, so I want to take a minute to touch on a couple of the things that have been said, and our experiences with them.

The earliest housekeeping ever knocked was 8:30am. We were just waking up, so they came back later. The next night, I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and everything was fine. The housekeepers are very quiet as they do their rounds - if you didn't see the cart outside a room, you'd never even know they were there. My son left his phone charger when we checked out, and one of the gals very kindly let him back into the room to get it. She was really sweet about it and we greatly appreciated her help.

Either there were a lot more trains going through this year, or we just spent a lot more time in our room, but I did notice a LOT of trains. However, I could only hear them when I was awake and then the sound was just a low rumble, as if way in the distance. (They're not "way" in the distance, but the rooms are VERY well sound-proofed.) There were no train whistles, and the noise certainly wasn't enough to keep me awake or to wake me up. Our room (one of the "family suites") was at the back of the hotel, so we were about as close as any room could get to the tracks. Frankly, by our final night there, I found the rumble from the trains quite soothing.

I overheard several travelers again this year say that they always stay at King's Inn; or that they were visiting relatives who always recommend the hotel. I know I will always stay here when I travel to Kingman, and I will always recommend it to everyone I know who stays in town.

Room Tip: If you're a really light sleeper and can't handle the train rumble, ask for a room up front...