“Updated since last visit”

Days Inn Kingman West
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed here on occasion through the years, as we have family in the area. Not a lot of hotel choices in Kingman. Rooms quite updated since our last visit. Clean new carpet, granite bathroom counter. Bed and linens look newer. Updated tv. Small pool area, but other members of our group were fine with it. Did not check the breakfast room in am, so can't comment on that. Easy, friendly check in and out. Did not experience any bugs others have mentioned.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
dikingman, Manager at Days Inn Kingman West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We hope that we see you again. Again thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room appeared clean if very outdated. My friend used the bathroom at 5 a.m., glanced into the tub and saw 3 roaches. We got up and packed and needless to say, despite the high temperatures outside, had to forego showers. Also found a dead roach on the rug near the window. There was a gap under the door where sunlight could be seen. Staff was very nice. Stayed at a Days Inn years ago and had a bad experience so I thought I'd try again. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bruss53
dikingman, Manager at Days Inn Kingman West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I would like to find out a little more about your stay if you could call me from 7am through 3pm Monday through Friday. I apologize on behalf of the days inn west for any inconveniences you had during your stay. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped here after driving from Phoenix, Grand Canyon down Route 66 on our way to Las Vegas. Kingman is an ideal stop for the journey between Phoenix and Las Vegas. This small motel is a simple motel kind of place. The bedroom was very large, decoration was old and it could have done with a better clean. The breakfast in the morning was normal Days Inn kind of food, cereal, bread, coffee etc all served on polystyrene plates...not very appetising. If you so wish you can use the pool facilities at the next door Holiday Inn, which looked a much nicer hotel. Overall for the price we paid and for one night, it was just about OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris_Cotton

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. We are glad that you had pleasant stay. We hope that if your ever in the area again you will stop in and stay with us. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Where do I start? I base almost all of my stays on Trip Advisor ratings. My daughter and I figured it must be decent because it's #10 out of 26 in Kingman....don't let the number fool you! Yes, the front desk clerk was a delight! She checked us in quickly! Off to our room we went....if I wasn't so dang tired, I would have asked to see the room first, but again, it was a #10 hotel right? We get in our room and do our usual once over, there was a hole punched (or kicked) in the adjoining room door (which was unlocked, we locked our side) the door had at least a 2 inch gap under it (you could see daylight) and the bathroom light was exposed and I believe had a short in it (according to my friend who is an electrical inspector, in AZ, all bathroom fixtures need to be enclosed). Then we started to see the seediness of this hotel! The pool needs more lounge chairs, not just 3, and the hotel just gave me the heebie jeebies! We originally parked by the room (to the right of the stairs) BIG mistake! If someone parks to the left of the stairs you will be blocked in (we moved to under the light) So my daughter and I dragged everything out of the car and kept it in our room! We used the suitcase holder to block the adjoining room, the chair to block the door and stuffed towels under both doors so the light (and any critters) didn't get in. Then off to bed at 6 pm for us (our bodies hadn't adjusted to the 2 hour difference from home yet), neighbors were somewhat quiet and only heard the train once (sounded like someone with really heavy bass) but then again, when staying in hotels like this, we tend to take sleep aids. In the am, my daughter discovered a water bug (another reviewer said he found a roach, but it wasn't it was a water bug) and very calmly killed it with her flip flop. The clerk the night before said to let her know if anything was wrong with the room, but I doubt they could fix the door, light and weatherstripping that night, and I was so tired I didn't want to move rooms. The gentleman in the am was nice, but didn't give us a receipt which I needed....I think I can get it from the Wyndham website. If you need to stay here, ask to see the room first and possibly stay on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here, ask to see the room first and possible ask to stay on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SwannysWB

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay here. I have looked into your reservation and brought all of the issues to the attention of the maintenance department so that these problems will be properly addressed. I would like to speak to you regarding your stay if you could please call me from 7am through 3pm Arizona time at 928-753-7500 I would like to discuss your stay with you a little more. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Booked this on priceline and paid in advance. Never again. First room had someone's clothes in a drawer and drug paraphernalia in another drawer. Got a new room and the bedspread had stains and sheets were dirty. Asked for refund from manager Sunil Patel. He refused and then refused to give me owners name or number when I asked. We left with no refund and found a better hotel. Out $160 and upset with days inn and priceline. Neither would refund me money. Don't stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Pearsonfive
dikingman, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Kingman West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello, I would like to find out a little more about your experience here. I have no record of any of this happening. If you could please call me at 928-753-7500 ask for Tina. I hope to look into this issue after speaking with you. Thank you for your time, I hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
dikingman, Manager at Days Inn Kingman West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent the night in March 2014.Hotel was nice. The rooms were neat and clean. Very nice office staff. Our beagle enjoyed it too except for the cactus in the dog walk area. Had to pull a couple pieces out of her paws.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We would like to apologize for your puppy getting stickers in his paw. For future reference We have a large dirt lot at the back of the property which is for the animals. The area with the little fence around it that has the cactus is just a landscaping area. I apologize for that not being better explained to you at check in. I will make sure that the front desk staff directs people better from now on. Again thank you for your time. We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful day!