“Just what we were looking for...”
Review of Ramada Kingman

Ramada Kingman
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
GreenLeadersBronze level
Prescott, Arizona
“Just what we were looking for...”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband is a real Route 66 enthusiast, so on a recent trip to Kingman we definitely didn't want to stay at a "cookie-cutter" hotel. I read some reviews and booked a couple of nights at the Magnuson Hotel. The front-desk personnel couldn't have been nicer--the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies were a great touch--and our room was quite comfortable. Loved the pool and retro feel of the whole property. We did have to change from our original room, due to an obviously-leaking toilet when we entered, but no problem in the exchange. Only one down-side to the experience: our shower head shot water out like bullets and we couldn't adjust the force very much. Otherwise, a great experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank augiegirl14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I arrived at this small town not expecting much. I travel for business across the us and have stayed in some not so great places. Magnuson Hotel was AWESOME!! If i could give higher than a 5 to them I would. The entire staff was stellar. The beds are soooo comfortable. It was the best nights sleep I've in years. They think of everything to make your stay comfortable. How can you not love chocolate cookies at 4 everyday hot out of the oven. I will be back on my own dime soon it was so great. Don't miss this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. It feels like the Canary Islands
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jjames97
Snellville
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Cheap rate and good value, but room just didn't have a great feel about it. Lobby was undergoing some renovations and the grounds looked a little neglected. Don't believe I would stay there again unless there were no other vacanies in more modern facilities nearby. But, it wasn't a terrible place.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. Booking.com had dropped the ball, and not notified the hotel of our reservation, but the guy at check in didn't bat an eye, and honoured the quoted rate.
Reception area was bright, clean and tidy, with complimentary chilled bottled water and snacks available.

Our room was beautiful. In fact. It looked newly refurbished. Lovely colour scheme and great flat screen tv. It looked out onto the cute little pool area, which looked so inviting.

The (included) continental breakfast was better than most, as well. The breakfast room was clean, tidy and re stocked several times, as we ate.

Overall, this is a great Motel, with friendly, efficient staff.

Couple of tiny niggles. The room took a long time to cool down, as the ac was off, when we arrived, and the bath and fittings were a little dated. Noticed this even more, as the rest of the place was so nice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barttheguinnessguy
Squaw Valley, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

this hotel was really very nice a good place to stay the staff was very helpful and the made the check in very easy. The breakfast was good . we got a first floor room which helped ue because my daugther has disabilliities.

2 Thank 9764shadow
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a very clean and pet friendly hotel. Customer service was excellence(Thanks Matthew). Will stay again.
I wished the pool would have been heated and the bathrooms a little bigger. But all in all a wonderful hotel.
will recommend it to all my friends if the price doesn't go up.LOL

Room Tip: There was no restaurant, but the continental breakfast was appreciated and ok. We stayed on the side...
1 Thank CJH721
Destin
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I write this from my bed for the night with the covers off and light layer of moisture on my body as it's hotter than fresh rat fecus in here and I'm wide awake with 10 more hours of driving ahead of me tomorrow, because of it.

My first choice was Best Western (2903 not the 2815 one)but it was booked! Top 6 or 7 were booked. Magnuson was next. Had recent and decent rating, Looked ok from the outside. Check in was pretty efficient. Get to my room, open the door and am greeted with a blast of hot air that had built up in the room from being beaten by the desert sun all day! Just what I'm looking for after being on the road 14 hours. I've been in my room now 4 hours and the little Amana window unit just isn't cutting it. Folks!!! You operate a motel in the middle of the damn desert! It gets hot here. I don't expect you to leave the a/c systems on and blasting all day but at least set em to kick on around 80-85. Walking into a room that would pass for a sauna of 90 degrees+ after being on the road all day doesn't make me happy or make me want to come back! The bathtub has years of soap scum on all the fixtures. As a matter of fact! I don't think that tub has seen the coarse side of a scrub sponge and some Bon Ami in ages if ever! Almost certain I came out of that shower dirtier than when I went in.

I have to come back this way on my way home! And I guarandamntee you this!!!! I WONT BE STAYING HERE!

• Stayed June 2014