“Overpromise and under deliver”
Review of 305 Guest House

305 Guest House
Ranked #1 of 26 Amanzimtoti B&B and Inns
Pretoria
“Overpromise and under deliver”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I enquired over the weekend for a place at the guesthouse. The Manager who answered the phone was VERY impatient, but confirmed that there was space on the weekend we were looking to book. I requested at the time that she send me a booking confirmation, where she replied that this is not possible as I firstly had to send a request online. I did this and received no response. Did it a second time, and no response. I followed up this morning (Monday after enquiry) and the ONLY room left (as described by her) was TAKEN!!!!!! When confronting the Manager... her words were merely: It's been booked out and there is nothing more that I can do.

Is this customer service? Is it fine to merely overpromise and then NOT deliver? I think not.

This is terrible, but based on this I am happy that we did not get space at this guesthouse. If this is the treatment you get before-hand? Imagine when you actually stay there???

PATHETIC, to say the least!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cecilia R
Admin305, Marketing at 305 Guest House, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our Guest House. We have taken your notes on board and we have taken them with a serious understanding.

Many people like yourselves give an honest opinion and we have to thank you for that. We read your comments and make an overall judgement. We work on answering problems instead of hiding behind them. Because we have heard comments voicing the attitude of the previous manager, she is now no longer working at our establishment. We, as a team, believe in giving our guests an excellent service and have a willing and helpful group of people working continuosly towards customer satisfaction.

305 Guest House is a lovely place to stay and we are now expanding our hotel which will give us 8 more sea view rooms, a golf driving range aiming out towards the Indian Ocean, a self contained flat for long term guests and a nail and beauty salon!

I do hope that my words bring some comfort to you and if you do decide on coming back to our establishment please ask for myself and we will guarantee your next stay a rewarding one!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
WE WELCOME SALLY GLADMAN

Rose Watson
Marketer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Stilbaai, South Africa
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was the perfect place to end off our holiday. It is a beautiful B&B with a beautiful view. The rooms are beautifully decorated and make you feel right at home. They have a nice pool area as well and plenty hammocks for everyone.
The breakfast was great as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room. We only noticed the gym area when we left, so please ask if you feel like...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johanniev
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here for a total of 3 wks, and I have to say I was blown away by the hospitality, service, and staff!
The rooms were kept clean, laundry done for myself on a daily basis, and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty in making this experience a home from home affair!
Stephanie the manager was an amazing host, she couldn't do enough for me, as were Julie, Rose and the rest of the ladies who worked there!
A truly exceptional stay and I would strongly recommend this to anybody thinking of staying in Toti.
I can honestly say I have made great friends here, and if I go back, 305 on Ipahla would be my choice of accommodation again.
10/10

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room to guarantee a separate seating area, spa bath, and separate shower
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed for a Night and 2 days on this Beachside resort. An absolute marvel with breathtaking views into the Ocean. Got a Nice cosy room on the rear close to the Breakfast area.

Fantastic Place,Nice warm reception and a very homely Breakfast. Wonderful experience at an attractive price

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed 4 nights at 305 on Ipahla and had such a wonderful, relaxing time. The location, service, amenities, staff etc are second to none and I cannot recommend highly enough a stay here.

The hotel is within easy distance of the airport and a transfer service was provided which made this very easy. Also within easy reach of Durban. On arrival the first thing that strikes you apart from the friendliness of the staff, is that you can see from the front door, right through the hotel and the lovely gardens, to the Indian Ocean. The location of this hotel is in such a beautiful setting, you'll be inclined to spend all your time here, despite having a wealth of things to do right on the doorstep.

Our room was ocean facing, which as the name suggests has a balcony with seats that provide magnificent views of the Indian Ocean. There is floor to ceiling sliding glass doors between the room and the balcony that when opened make the living space vast. I got up early the first morning and was rewarded with one of the most beautiful sunrises I'd ever seen.

The room was very spacious with a huge bed, tea and coffee facilities, safe, fridge, mini bar and its own lounge area, which was great for having snacks etc. The bathroom had a great rain shower as well as a jacuzzi bath, a good stock of complimentary items and was immaculate as was the rest of the hotel. There is a good flat screen TV but with views like that, I doubt you'll ever use it.

The dining/breakfast area is lovely, again with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors that are opened the majority of the time, allowing you to daydream with views of the gardens and ocean while you eat. Breakfast had an extensive range of hot and cold food on offer, as well as fruits and cereals. I can highly recommend 'The Dutchy' which I'd never tried before. We had breakfast every day as well as two evening meals which were as good, if not better, as eating in a very nice restaurant.

The gardens are very big, with a pool and lead down onto an extensive decking area with hammocks, tables and chairs. I spent a lot of time here as the views are stunning. I'd say you can see about 5km of unspoilt beach front from this area and on several occasions I saw pods of up to ten Dolphins swimming, usually at dusk and dawn. I know from speaking to the owner Ian (lovely, helpful guy with a wealth of knowledge and stories) that you can often see whales passing by, particularly during the sardine run.

There is also a pool, gym and conference facilities within the hotel, if you can drag yourself away from the great views.

The staff were all just great and made you feel so welcome that you didn't want to leave. Ian, as already mentioned helped us loads with where to go and what to do. We went on the most amazing one day safari to Tala Reserve where we saw Rhino, Zebra, Giraffe, Water Buffalo, Hippo, Springbok and much more. It's also within easy reach of snorkelling, diving and less energetic activities such as shopping.

Stephanie, the Manageress, is just fantastic. So helpful and always there, nothing is too much trouble, very professional yet gives the hotel a great feel good factor. Julie was very kind and helpful to us also and it was great to get to know them both. Thank you!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at 305 on Ipahla and would love to go back some time. Whether it's for business or pleasure, you will not be disappointed at your stay here.

Room Tip: Ocean facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elaine365
Funchal, Portugal
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We had a lovely, comfortable room with a great sea view. We enjoyed the fact that the room had separate sleeping and seating area with an honesty bar. The room had air-conditioning and a ceiling fan. The bathroom was a bit tired and could do with a bit of a refresh especially to renew the sealant and grout around the shower and bath area. Breakfast was lovely but the first day we had a late breakfast and the fresh selection was finished with no more being offered to us.
Outside areas are great for BBQ and sitting in the sun in hammocks watching the sea.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
durban
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We had an amazing stay at 305 on Ipahla. Great location, overlooking the ocean, very big garden and wooden deck to chill outside. The rooms are spacious, very well equipped and comfortable (we had a luxury seaview room); the same can be said for the bathroom: delightful spa bath, nice shower, 2 sinks and there's still a lot of space to move around.
Breakfasts are quite good and in very sufficient quantity.
On top of that, Stephanie the manageress was extremely kind and helpful with all the guests that were there.
305 on Ipahla is a great guesthouse to relax and get away from the city buzz. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amanzimtoti
Protea Hotel by Marriott Karridene Beach
#3 of 7 in Amanzimtoti
Tuscan View
Tuscan View
#4 of 26 in Amanzimtoti

Been to 305 Guest House? Share your experiences!