“An Incredible Stay”
Review of 305 Guest House

305 Guest House
Ranked #1 of 26 Amanzimtoti B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am a business traveler and found out about the 305 Ipahla from a few colleagues. The fact that they referred to it as a "guest house" seemed odd to me, but apparently that is a normal term for a smaller hotel here. The staff here is absolutely incredible. I stayed for more than 8 weeks while working long hours on a project. They would cook a nice breakfast for me, clean the room while I was out, do my laundry at no extra charge, they would go above and beyond at all times.

One day when we had been working particularly long hours, we asked them to provide lunch for us. They made a nice selection of sandwiches, homemade muffins, and fresh fruit for us to bring with us and eat.

When a couple of us started to get homesick, they bought special foods for us and learned how to make breakfasts that we would eat at home that were very different from anything on their menu. They were happy to do all of this for us.

The team here treated me so well and it was a pleasure staying here. We got to know the people working here and they would often take time out of their days to talk and laugh with us. This is the most enjoyable place I have ever stayed while travelling for work and I would absolutely make the trip back over here to stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs stay darker until later. The rooms upstairs tend to get a little brighter in th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great value for money B & B, great views with deck, staff and rooms. Under cover parking, gym, braai area, most rooms have jacuzzi baths and shower. In house Chef at breakfast with great coffee. Excellent security and free wifi

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Loved my room, was really stunning. Loved being able to relax in the big bath. Loved the mini bar but would have been cool to have mini whisky instead of beers and ciders. As this was a business trip i was out of the room at 6 30 meaning that I missed breakfast, and then got home late .. so maybe having mini meals available to purchase at reception and made warm in the microwave would be an option.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I enquired over the weekend for a place at the guesthouse. The Manager who answered the phone was VERY impatient, but confirmed that there was space on the weekend we were looking to book. I requested at the time that she send me a booking confirmation, where she replied that this is not possible as I firstly had to send a request online. I did this and received no response. Did it a second time, and no response. I followed up this morning (Monday after enquiry) and the ONLY room left (as described by her) was TAKEN!!!!!! When confronting the Manager... her words were merely: It's been booked out and there is nothing more that I can do.

Is this customer service? Is it fine to merely overpromise and then NOT deliver? I think not.

This is terrible, but based on this I am happy that we did not get space at this guesthouse. If this is the treatment you get before-hand? Imagine when you actually stay there???

PATHETIC, to say the least!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cecilia R
Admin305, Marketing at 305 Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our Guest House. We have taken your notes on board and we have taken them with a serious understanding.

Many people like yourselves give an honest opinion and we have to thank you for that. We read your comments and make an overall judgement. We work on answering problems instead of hiding behind them. Because we have heard comments voicing the attitude of the previous manager, she is now no longer working at our establishment. We, as a team, believe in giving our guests an excellent service and have a willing and helpful group of people working continuosly towards customer satisfaction.

305 Guest House is a lovely place to stay and we are now expanding our hotel which will give us 8 more sea view rooms, a golf driving range aiming out towards the Indian Ocean, a self contained flat for long term guests and a nail and beauty salon!

I do hope that my words bring some comfort to you and if you do decide on coming back to our establishment please ask for myself and we will guarantee your next stay a rewarding one!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
WE WELCOME SALLY GLADMAN

Rose Watson
Marketer

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was the perfect place to end off our holiday. It is a beautiful B&B with a beautiful view. The rooms are beautifully decorated and make you feel right at home. They have a nice pool area as well and plenty hammocks for everyone.
The breakfast was great as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room. We only noticed the gym area when we left, so please ask if you feel like...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johanniev
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here for a total of 3 wks, and I have to say I was blown away by the hospitality, service, and staff!
The rooms were kept clean, laundry done for myself on a daily basis, and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty in making this experience a home from home affair!
Stephanie the manager was an amazing host, she couldn't do enough for me, as were Julie, Rose and the rest of the ladies who worked there!
A truly exceptional stay and I would strongly recommend this to anybody thinking of staying in Toti.
I can honestly say I have made great friends here, and if I go back, 305 on Ipahla would be my choice of accommodation again.
10/10

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room to guarantee a separate seating area, spa bath, and separate shower
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed for a Night and 2 days on this Beachside resort. An absolute marvel with breathtaking views into the Ocean. Got a Nice cosy room on the rear close to the Breakfast area.

Fantastic Place,Nice warm reception and a very homely Breakfast. Wonderful experience at an attractive price

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amanzimtoti
Protea Hotel by Marriott Karridene Beach
Albany Hotel
Albany Hotel
#34 of 44 in Durban
The View Boutique Hotel & Spa

Been to 305 Guest House? Share your experiences!