“Return Trip”

Ranked #1 of 24 Amanzimtoti B&B and Inns
london
“Return Trip”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel is amazing..the decor is outstanding. They now have a dedicated breakfast person Kerry who provides a hot breakfast as well as the continental variety. She bakes amazing cakes and the presentation is lovely.
Steph, as usual is wonderful and can not do enough for our stay. The bedrooms overlooking the sea are beautiful, only wish the weather had been too! Lots of cloud which was a shame as the ocean view is stunning.
All the staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us.
Such a peaceful laid back place with the most dedicated staff.(Thank you Julie) Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Durbz around 2. I called the b&b and told them we are unable to get a car rental as there was a problem with my licence, the manager immediately arranged a taxi to pick me up though I cancelled it minutes later as the problem was fixed. We arrived at the b&b to a friendly manager Stephany if im not mistaken. She arranged for our clothes to be ironed and hanged, gave us trip advice and made us feel so very welcome. We forgot my husbands's jacket, and they kept it safe till we were able to go back for. Im gonna visit again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am a business traveler and found out about the 305 Ipahla from a few colleagues. The fact that they referred to it as a "guest house" seemed odd to me, but apparently that is a normal term for a smaller hotel here. The staff here is absolutely incredible. I stayed for more than 8 weeks while working long hours on a project. They would cook a nice breakfast for me, clean the room while I was out, do my laundry at no extra charge, they would go above and beyond at all times.

One day when we had been working particularly long hours, we asked them to provide lunch for us. They made a nice selection of sandwiches, homemade muffins, and fresh fruit for us to bring with us and eat.

When a couple of us started to get homesick, they bought special foods for us and learned how to make breakfasts that we would eat at home that were very different from anything on their menu. They were happy to do all of this for us.

The team here treated me so well and it was a pleasure staying here. We got to know the people working here and they would often take time out of their days to talk and laugh with us. This is the most enjoyable place I have ever stayed while travelling for work and I would absolutely make the trip back over here to stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs stay darker until later. The rooms upstairs tend to get a little brighter in th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Despatch, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great value for money B & B, great views with deck, staff and rooms. Under cover parking, gym, braai area, most rooms have jacuzzi baths and shower. In house Chef at breakfast with great coffee. Excellent security and free wifi

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Midrand
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Loved my room, was really stunning. Loved being able to relax in the big bath. Loved the mini bar but would have been cool to have mini whisky instead of beers and ciders. As this was a business trip i was out of the room at 6 30 meaning that I missed breakfast, and then got home late .. so maybe having mini meals available to purchase at reception and made warm in the microwave would be an option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pretoria
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I enquired over the weekend for a place at the guesthouse. The Manager who answered the phone was VERY impatient, but confirmed that there was space on the weekend we were looking to book. I requested at the time that she send me a booking confirmation, where she replied that this is not possible as I firstly had to send a request online. I did this and received no response. Did it a second time, and no response. I followed up this morning (Monday after enquiry) and the ONLY room left (as described by her) was TAKEN!!!!!! When confronting the Manager... her words were merely: It's been booked out and there is nothing more that I can do.

Is this customer service? Is it fine to merely overpromise and then NOT deliver? I think not.

This is terrible, but based on this I am happy that we did not get space at this guesthouse. If this is the treatment you get before-hand? Imagine when you actually stay there???

PATHETIC, to say the least!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cecilia R
Admin305, Marketing at 305 Guest House, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our Guest House. We have taken your notes on board and we have taken them with a serious understanding.

Many people like yourselves give an honest opinion and we have to thank you for that. We read your comments and make an overall judgement. We work on answering problems instead of hiding behind them. Because we have heard comments voicing the attitude of the previous manager, she is now no longer working at our establishment. We, as a team, believe in giving our guests an excellent service and have a willing and helpful group of people working continuosly towards customer satisfaction.

305 Guest House is a lovely place to stay and we are now expanding our hotel which will give us 8 more sea view rooms, a golf driving range aiming out towards the Indian Ocean, a self contained flat for long term guests and a nail and beauty salon!

I do hope that my words bring some comfort to you and if you do decide on coming back to our establishment please ask for myself and we will guarantee your next stay a rewarding one!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
WE WELCOME SALLY GLADMAN

Rose Watson
Marketer
Stilbaai, South Africa
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was the perfect place to end off our holiday. It is a beautiful B&B with a beautiful view. The rooms are beautifully decorated and make you feel right at home. They have a nice pool area as well and plenty hammocks for everyone.
The breakfast was great as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room. We only noticed the gym area when we left, so please ask if you feel like...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johanniev
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amanzimtoti
Protea Hotel by Marriott Karridene Beach
#3 of 7 in Amanzimtoti
Tuscan View
Tuscan View
#4 of 24 in Amanzimtoti

Been to 305 Guest House? Share your experiences!