“my stay 23-25 May 2014”

Coweys Corner
Ranked #1 of 5 Berea B&B and Inns
“my stay 23-25 May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My stay, second time around, at Cowey's Corner, Musgrave ,Durban, KZN was such a pleasure: luxuriously comfortable bed with the cosiest bedding and linen guaranteed a restful night's sleep, plush towels and ample toiletries for a great bathroom experience, yummy breakfast, and a perfectly relaxing garden to enjoy the sunshine and lush greenery. Clean and guest-friendly accommodation. They got it right once again. Just perfect in every way. Thank you Richard and Nikki. I will be back. Shirley, Johannesburg, South Africa

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a very nice stay and will definitely stay there again. The only reason why I gave a 4 and not a 5 is due to the traffic. If you are a lite sleeper, request one of the back rooms, furthest away from the main road!

Excellent host and lovely place

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our trip to Durban was a last minute thing as a family member took ill, the problem was it was Comerads week end and places were fully booked, phoning Coweys they had a cancellation which we took and being a block away from the retirement home suited us. Our stay there was very comfortable, clean and the staff were very pleasant at all times.
I would like to thank you and your staff and will be back.
Kind Regards
Dave & Rosemary Baines

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My team and I (5 of us) stayed over at Cowey's Corner on the 25 May 2014 and were delighted with how accommodating Richard and Angela were. We needed to find parking for our boat and they were more than happy to assist us in trying to get the boat into their premises.

We were exhausted after a full days work and driving from Richards Bay and were welcomed with drinks and a tour of the accommodation. The porch area is cosy with extremely comfortable outdoor seating and a jukebox! (Probably only for display, I am not quite sure, but I loved it nonetheless).

The rooms were immaculate with a chocolate and tissue pack on our bedside tables. I especially loved the ensuite bathrooms which to me was luxurious, with a claw foot bath and spacious shower as well as some shampoo and lotion etc.

The location of the establishment is perfect as it is in walking distance from a shopping complex and with me being Muslim, there were quite a few Halaal places for me to choose from to eat. We decided to go to Hubcaps Classic Woodfired Pizza which was about 5 minutes walking distance, if not less, from Cowey's Corner. But there is also a Food Lovers Market and a Woolies nearby. Our choice was perfect as the pizza and the set up of the shop was great!

Included in our stay was a free breakfast which was lovely and the staff were lovely as well. We had a variety to choose from and enjoyed sitting together and planning our day.

We really enjoyed our stay at Cowey's Corner and will definitely be returning in the future. We would recommend it to anyone planning to stay over in Durban and our only regret is that we only got to stay there for one night!

Thanks for everything to all of the staff at Cowey's Corner.
Koebraa and the dive team

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room and the rest of the b&b was very clean.
I especially enjoyed the self help kitchen, with fresh muffins and coffee after work. It was only 15 minutes away from the office, and a shopping hub just up the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Know this is a strange review, as we sadly never got to stay, but I experienced great service & most honourable business ethic I've experienced for a long time. We booked for 2 days over the past easter weekend, sadly our trip was cancelled as the vehicle I was about to purchase was not ready. I asked the owner to refund within an hour of booking, sure enough, the refund was done yesterday, as requested.

Look forward to an actual stay when the time comes, thanks for the honest business ethic!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ningbo, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I spent 2 weeks stay in this B&B, it has excellent location, good breakfast, friendly staff, convenient self-service. I am so enjoy my stay and we will definitely recommend this place to all our friends wishing to visit that side.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Hilton Durban
#7 of 42 in Durban
Centre Court B&B
Centre Court B&B
#19 of 246 in Durban

Been to Coweys Corner? Share your experiences!