“Best Value for Money”
Review of Belaire Suites

Belaire Suites
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Belaire Suites, safe parking and the buffet breakfast was good. Lovely sea facing view 8th floor where my room was. I am definately coming back to this stunning hotel. I felt at home, indeed home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Dirty, terrible condition, dining room too small, found cockroaches in room 607 please fumigate. Cleaners don't clean properly as there was so much dirt and spider webs under the beds. The corridors are ugly for a 4 star hotel. The hotel should be down rated to second class. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

As a seasoned South African travelers we haven't visited the Durban golden mile for a long time. My wife found this extremely good value beach front accommodation which provided nice clean and well equipped rooms with friendly and helpful staff to boot. An excellent breakfast is served in the small intimate dining room and room service provided by the attached restaurant was quick and of good value. Our 10th floor room provided a fantastic view of the sea and beach front activities and had the windows kept clean on a regular basis. Being disabled can only complain that no wheelchair access is available from the hotel parking area, so my car had to stay in the street overnight. Room painting and maintenance was on the go whilst we were there so the standard of room quality and value is being maintained. All in all very good value and will certainly be on my revisit list in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the better room 1004 is well equipped for disabled persons
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KevinKraaibosch
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very Friendly staff, extremely clean, very accommodating to all my requests, Excellent location, lovely sea facing view, had a high floor as requested good parking, very safe, request from room service was responded to extremely quickly.

Had a lovely time, I am a frequent traveler to this area, and I have made up my mind that I will only be using this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mohammed Seedat
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Many thanks from Team GB and NI for your kind hospitality during our stay for The World Transplant Games-we had a fantastic time and your staff were superb-please pass on our thanks to everyone and we would definately come and stay with you again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank carololley
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was the very cheapest hotel I could find that is located on that great hotel strip on the Durban beachfront and I was fully expecting a degree of dilapidated seediness considering the age of the hotel. But they had obviously done some improvements over the years so that it had a quasi-modern feel to it. Aside from the age of the rooms showing in areas like the vinyl covering on the floor - I could not fault it. Spacious and clean. And extremely friendly staff. Even the room cleaners seemed to sparkled with bonhomie.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Frederick O
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Belaire for a week. On cheching in we asked for a room with a view and with no problems we got one with an amazing sea view on the 10th floor. The room was quite big, bed very comfortable and clean. The hotel was quite busy because of the World Transplant Games and there were so many people from different countries staying there, but the service was still kept at its best. The buffet breakfast had a good selection of cold and hot food.There was a microwave and fridge which is quite conveniente if you want to warm up a take away meal and to keep your drinks cold.Very friendly staff. The hotel is right in front of the North Beach and a very safe pedestrian beach promenade so you can go for long walks, bycicle riding, jogging, etc. We definetely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on any floor above the 5th floor to get the best view of the sea and amazing sunri...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple