“Well situated stylish hotel”

African Pride Audacia Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel is well situated near Florida road where there are many restaurants.

The rooms are very stylish with four poster beds and even outside showers and spa baths. There is also a proper place to work for business people.

The breakfast makes a pleasant change from the normal buffet.

The hotel also has good conference facilites

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank PeterGrobler

Reviewed 21 April 2010

My husband and i only had one night at Audacia Manor right at the end of our trip but it was probably one of our best nights of the holiday. We were in Durban a few nights previously at a different hotel and wished we had stayed here instead.
We had a delux room (only availability at the time) but the price was not much more than a standard room, the increase was worth it - the room was stunning with an outdoor and indoor shower, 4 poster bed, lovely large room and very well presented with a well stocked bathroom (plush toiletries) and mini bar.
It was lovely and peaceful with fantastic views over Durban - its situation meant you were slightly out of town, but it was an easy drive to the beach should you have wanted that instead of the pool.
i would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a top quality, quiet and relaxing place to stay. It was beautiful and not too big making you feel very important as a guest, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EviLondon
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The Hotel was Topclass food Excellent. We stayed over Christmas for the Cricket and met some lovely people who we hope will stay in touch.

We had many a laugh in the little bar. Thanks to all the staff who where extremely helpful, we are back in SA for Christmas this year but sadly wont be in Durban.

But we will be back when England are there for the cricket.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bickersblackburn
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This hotel shows the difference between a good service and a fantastic service.
I had the deluxe king bed with a private courtyard - which was phenomenal. With an outside spa bathroom and shower (as well as an indoor one) I could hardly tear myself away from my room. I had accidentally pressed the wrong button on my remote and when I called to the main house, they were willing to bring in a new TV! (at midnight..)

I had room service ( brought within 20 min of ordering!) and it was unique, delicious mix of flavors. The wine collection is extensive for a boutique hotel. The mini bar was well stocked but also left ample room if you wanted to bring in your own drinks.

On my second evening, I had invited a few of my friends in the city to come over for drinks. Because of the size of the group, they were unable to seat us last minute but were able to recommend restaurants in the area, show us their menus, make a reservation at our chosen place AND send in our orders while we finished our drinks.

Breakfasts (which are included in the price) were superb and could be enjoyed on the terrace, by the pool or in your room. Next time, I would like to try the sea-view room for a bit of change.

I am recommending this place to anyone within a 50 mile radius of Durban who is looking for a more personal approach to service. Congratulations Audacia!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chic_traveler_8
Reviewed 5 January 2010

this small but suberb hotel was the best part of my stay in Durban. My second visit to SA. We arrived 19th Dec and left 28th Dec. Xmas was suberb (didnt think it would be away from home!).
Every single member of staff where excellent from start to finish. good recommendations of local restaurants was fantaastic. if you have a curry in Durban have a "Doopla", thanks melanie. superb fusion restaurant locally too thanks Karen!! hotel food looked as good as it tasted for every meal. i had a poorly ankle but all staff cared for me and helped me. the staff who sat and waited for us cricket fans to finish drinking in the bar in the evenings were great, thanks for your patiences. wish i could have seen the ROUND of sandwiches gilbert ordered??

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2009

From the moment we arrived at Audacia it was really wonderful. Service was so personal and friendly without being too much and our room was just gorgeous. We had one of the surperior deluxe rooms which was just amazing - and so comfortable. It was our honeymoon so we were greeted by rose petals and chocolates on the bed, and a wonderful bottle of red wine which we greatly enjoyed. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, and the only thing I regret was sleeping through breakfast on our first day as it was excellent when we finally had it!! The outside jacuzzi bath was ideal, and it was really nice that there was both an indoor and an outdoor shower.
We ate at the restaurant on the first night and can really recommend the food. And it's lovely to sit out looking at the lights of the city from the bar. We were also given very good advice on what to do and where to eat in the city.

The only negative thing I can add is unfortunately that when we were paying our bill there was a rather racist man sitting in the office and saying inappropriate things about the "indigenous people" (his words, not mine). This was very unpleasant and made us very uncomfortable, and it really soured our final moments at the hotel. Hopefully he was just a contractor and has been disciplined or fired, as all the other staff members were fantastic and we had felt encouraged about how all members of staff seemed to be on an equal footing, regardless of colour.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank indiansummers
Reviewed 1 November 2009

This was my second stay at this guest house which is located in the suburb of Morningside and a stone's throw from the new stadium which was built for the 2010 world cup. It is extremely quiet and secure.
The large bedrooms and bathrooms are awesome. I love the decor, the cotton bedding, the duvets, the plenty pillows, the comfortable beds, the bathroom amenities, the large white fluffy bath towels.
The mini bar is stocked with all sorts of drinks and eats to snack on.
The curtains ensure that the room is really dark at night and let no light in. Some rooms have a balcony with a view of Durban.
The guest house has a bar situated on the balcony with outstanding views and very comfortable chairs with outdoor heaters in winter.
I have eated at the restaurant on both occasions and was pleasantly surprised each time. The food is tastey and the presentation great. The service was at all times outstanding. The breakfasts were just as good. Their breakfasts are freshly prepared and you have a vast choice from a menu.
This guest house has a certain charm to it and the attendance from all staff is outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business