“Beautiful manor house - inconsistent service”

African Pride Audacia Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at Audacia during a recent trip to Durban. The hotel is in a gorgeous manor house with high ceilings, spacious rooms and cosy communal areas.

When I arrived, I couldn't find anyone to check me in - so I wondered around the house looking for staff and until I found someone in the restaurant.
My room was spacious and the bathroom was of a generous size. The bathroom was dated and in need of a thorough cleaning. There was mould on the walls in the shower and tiles that had come off.
Service at dinner was almost non-existent and at times just peculiar (champagne brought in an ice bucket with no ice?). The food was okay and it was a little irritating that a few of the wines listed were not actually stocked. They were also out of sparkling water.

Breakfast was good and the service team was really good... attentive and friendly. It almost felt like a completely different place.

The hotel offers free wifi - but I was not able to log on at all during my stay. This was hugely inconvenient as I had specifically chosen a hotel with wifi so I could do some work.

So summary? Great location, beautiful old building that could probably use updating and service that is inconsistent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NQKhoj

Reviewed 20 August 2014

we hosted our daughters wedding at Audacia Manors Hotel
the service was excellent, venue and hotel staff beyond expectations, every Guest of ours were highly impressed with staff and service of hotel..
Hotel Views were breathtaking and service was impeccable..
I highly recommend this venue to all,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank amina150
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked Audacia manor for a private function on Friday night and all of the rooms for our guests. The hotel was home from home…a gracious elegant and beautiful manor house set on the berea where the staff just could not do enough for us. There was a real Can Do attitude and the helpfulness of the staff was amazing. I have no hesitate in recommending them for functions and for accommodation. The accommodation is so good that one of pure overseas guess has extended for the full week, We will most certainly use them again for both functions and accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

A very BIG thank you to Margo and Jordan for FANTASTIC service considering difficult catering circumstances for our outside guests..You did an excellent job all round!! Well done and thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Luke Z
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Thank you for a great stay!
We recently spent four nights in the hotel after reading the reviews on this forum, we were not disappointed, the hotel is situated in a secure location with views overlooking the city which have been total utilized by the outside seating area and bar.
We sat relaxing with wonderful views in peaceful surroundings - great!
We ate dinner twice at the hotel which both times fulfilled our expectations: choice, delivery and standard all good with minimal fuss and pleasant staff.
The room was full of character, well equipped, clean and well presented.
To summarize: a great stay in a great hotel - thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 0300carr
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Thando, I just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for the most amazing afternoon on Saturday. It was just the most perfect afternoon and you and your staff did the most incredible job at organising it all. All my guests were just so impressed and the food was unbelievable. Everyone raved about it, and said it was the best high tea they had ever had!

Thank you for always being so friendly and helpful and willing to accommodate me, I cannot say enough good things about all of you!! It is so rare now days to get the level of service that you provided us with.
Keep up the good work! Natalie

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nattynoopa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We generally expect hotels to meet or exceed the lowly standards that qualified them for their ratings, however, when it comes to 5 Star accommodation, we demand that the establishment, meet AND exceed the rating they enjoy and I’m pleased to state that this boutique hotel does just that.

The hotel is nestled in a cul-de-sac in the suburb of Berea and enjoys blissful quietness with only ten rooms to offer.

After an initial mix-up with our bookings, which were resolved very efficiently, we were escorted to our room; this is a stunning, well laid out room with a four-poster bed (the trappings for the bed were MIA, however)!

The large flat screen TV is accompanied by individual DSTV decoder and a DVD player that we never got to try out, I trust that the hotel has a selection of the latest DVD movies.

There is a large shower (for sharing) in the bathroom and for those warm days, the room also boasts a stunning outside shower and as if this was not enough, an exquisite outside Jacuzzi to rekindle those intimate moments accompanies the shower.

The service is excellent and VERY friendly, the staff is attentive and always helpful to the point where one feels sorry and this makes up for the average but good food the hotel serves.

The hotel has two well-stocked bars for relaxation and a pool next to the one bar.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will most certainly visit again.

Room Tip: Request one of the four rooms located outside the main hotel