“Business breakfast”

Ranked #61 of 633 Restaurants in Durban
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trendy cafe with fresh food and great coffee by day and Fine Dinning bistro with current and delicious food by night
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very nicely positioned place on the Snell Parade. Seating outside is very pleasant as the traffic islands force the cars to go very slowly so consequently there is minimal noise, exhaust fumes and cars generally take another route. Breakfast was excellent with eggs done precisely as ordered by all of us. Only the service lets them down which is inexcusable when the restaurant is half full.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I spent an afternoon with a friend after my walk on the beach. The food was good but the servuce is slow. Not wnough attentiob is given to the customer adter swrving rhe food for further requesrs although tge restaurant qaa not full. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Thank you café Jiran for a very pleasant evening indeed.
I was visiting indaba and decided I needed to have a bite when I entered jiran and it was 17:00pm. (13/05/14)
The manager told me that the kitchen was closed.
I insisted as I really needed to eat something but he was not cooperative and had no flexibility so I nearly turned around and left. A trainee came by the name of Thierry and suggested to prepare a sandwich for take away which was also not my idea. He was very friendly and professional and extremely helpful so I decided to stay and have a glass of wine while waiting for the kitchen to open up as he so passionately described the menu that I thought It would be worthwhile.
The evening was smooth and the waiters were very friendly and well coached by this same Thierry who was managing that night. I was very impressed with both the food and the service but have to mention again that it was the trainee who made the place.

1  Thank ZanzibarDifferent
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Amazing spciy chicken salad - ordered it twice it was so good! Staff went extra mile.
Trading hours end a bit earlier.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Loved the coffee at Cafe Jiran! Our dinner however, was a great disappointment - the portions small and not well prepared, worst lamb we have ever tasted and dry fish, and very expensive! Do not go there for dinner!

1  Thank Ilse43