“Great Mediterranean Vibe & Food”
Review of Yossi's Cafe - CLOSED

Yossi's Cafe
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I don't think you have it listed yet, but you should, it's my favourite restaurant! And with the World Cup coming to South Africa this year, I have several restaurants to add, some of the best that you don't list! This restaurant does not have their own website.
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I heard this has closed down in Glenwood? Had many meals - great Mediterranean cuisine, with best milk shakes in town...Cool, relaxed atmosphere and decor. If it is still in operation - definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Was so excited to try this place in its new home in Hillcrest. Food is really great offering a wide selection of delights. Always order the Veg Meze platters to share as well as the meat ones...for the meat eaters with us. Service excellent! !!

I have to say however that the location in Glenwood definitely had a lot more flare...I personally liked that warm chaotic look

Otherwise nothing negative

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The food was pretty good but the price was ridiculous. R80 for 4 falafel balls. I was also disappointed that they had cheese inside them. Not authentic at all and as a vegan I wrongly assumed that they would be made without dairy.
The staff and managers were very accommodating and there was a nice vibe but we were surprised by the heavy bill at the end.
I hope they really up their game. I'm prepared to pay higher prices for exceptional quality, which seems scarce in Hillcrest!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Heard about the reviews of the Glenwood reputation so was keen to try the Hillcrest one. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed. Between us we had the Lebanese Roast lamb and the lamb and chicken Tagine. Although they were edible, none of them was special in any way and when you are paying R135 for the chicken and above R150 for the lamb we were expecting more than what we would have got from the Bistro down the road at half the price. In addition, every tagine I have ever had has been served in a Tagine, not just on a plate around cous sous. No wine list yet but the little they did have seemed overpriced for the area. I had a decent bottle in the car and were charged R50 corkage. Sorry guys, when you position yourselves as a specialist restaurant, the experience needs to be memorable. Unfortunately, we all agreed our experience was far from that.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We just happened upon this little spot when looking for a nearby restaurant & heard the music & thought it was worth stopping. Menu had great choices & staff were very friendly. Food was delicious. Not sure how often they have live music but Sunday night atmosphere was brilliant.