The Concierge Boutique Bungalows
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$218
US$105
US$52
US$47
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfreedom cafeflorida roadrain showerlarge showercomfortable bedsbar fridgebreakfast was delicioushome away from homebeach frontverandaminibarretreatsecuritymaintenanceproximitybedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have chosen this hotel based on the photos and other reviews. The hotel itself is nice, the breakfast is absolutely delicious.
The problem is the noise, the cleaning staff is very noisy and woke us up everyday at 7AM... We could also hear noise from other bedrooms at night. The noise insulation it's quite an issue...
There's also an automatic fan in the bathroom that turns on every time you pass close to the bathroom and you can't shut it down (it's automatic)... and since the bathroom doesn't have a door, you can clearly hear the noisy fan in the bedroom.
The hotel has a nice patio and a private parking but if they have an event taking place (happened to us), they will not inform you and you will not be able to use the patio or the parking...
The staff could be more friendly...riendly...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria_del_mar79
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband, parents in law and I stayed in the Concierge hotel for five nights. We really appreciated the nice breakfasts and friendly staff. They were always ready to book taxis for us. I remember Primrose in particular was friendly, and greeted us even when we bumped into her at the Marine World. The hotel felt really homely and all the amenities.The location turned out to be one of the safest in Durban. The botanical garden is within walking distance.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

What a wonderful place, people and a overall fantastic experience. Relaxed vibe but quality / no expense spared finishes. Food is great and the staff / people are just real, comfortable and make me want to back again and again! I want to tell everyone about it but at the same time keep it as my best kept secret. - Thanks for a wonderfully unique offering!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShayneKlopfer242
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed two separate nights at The Concierge and in two separate rooms. Loved the decor and funky layout of the rooms, definitely not the typical African style which was nice to see. I think the best shower I've had in all of Africa, and definitely great bath too. Can be a little noisy though, can hear when other guests come & go. Overall very pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Peta B
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were fortunate to stay at the 'Concierge' for 4 nights last week. I can agree with most everyone who has frequented their boutique hotel and give them a ringing endorsement. It starts with the greeting you receive from staff. The customer service that is offered is next to none. When have you been addressed by name when you arrive at a hotel? That is the first positive you receive upon arrival. The rooms have character and have most conveniences needed. The morning starts with a wonderful breakfast in the Freedom Cafe. The location is a bit removed from the hustle of Durban, but you won't be unhappy at where you have landed. There are a number of great restaurants in walking distance from the Concierge. Rates are around $100 for a double room with breakfast. Again, I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple