“Hidden Gem!!”

The Concierge Boutique Bungalows
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Durban
“Hidden Gem!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was amazed at how cool the concierge was as soon as I arrived.
So many details and a great vibe. From the cafe to the staff to the accommodation we were extremely happy and this is a great stopover point if you are in Durban..
MUST STAY..

Sandor+Steph

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at The Concierge for four nights in early July 2014. I had a wonderful experience! My room was extremely clean, the staff bent over backwards to make sure I got to do all the things I wanted to do around town, and they picked me up from and dropped me off at the airport. On two occasions they even ordered me pizza because the restaurant was closed and I didn't want to be out by myself after dark (I was traveling alone).

The breakfast was very, very good as well.

The Concierge sits back off of a main road, so it was sometimes difficult for taxis to find, but that was really the only difficulty (if you can even call it that) during my stay. I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends and family if they were going to Durban.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard may get noisy in the mornings
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great choice for our overnight stay in Durban. Was initially concerned about the location but proved to be no problem. The room was superbly decorated and just adored the bath and shower. Breakfast was excellent so much so at I used this for a breakfast meeting place a week later. Staff were very attentive and friendly and very well priced.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you don't have a GPS or Map forget about finding this place. By some miracle we did though. Once there check in process was friendly and quick even though it was fairly late by the time we arrived.

Room was great with everything we needed. Very stylish/ funky. Loved the bathroom. Close to Florida Road if you wanted to get something to eat or have a drink.

Staff were fairly friendly at breakfast. Very quirky little breakfast venue in a poshed up container. Breakfast itself was excellent can't fault them there.

Great hidden gem in the heart of Durban.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard/ Cafe can be quite noisy in the Morning/Evening.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Seville
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have chosen this hotel based on the photos and other reviews. The hotel itself is nice, the breakfast is absolutely delicious.
The problem is the noise, the cleaning staff is very noisy and woke us up everyday at 7AM... We could also hear noise from other bedrooms at night. The noise insulation it's quite an issue...
There's also an automatic fan in the bathroom that turns on every time you pass close to the bathroom and you can't shut it down (it's automatic)... and since the bathroom doesn't have a door, you can clearly hear the noisy fan in the bedroom.
The hotel has a nice patio and a private parking but if they have an event taking place (happened to us), they will not inform you and you will not be able to use the patio or the parking...
The staff could be more friendly...riendly...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria_del_mar79
london, uk
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, parents in law and I stayed in the Concierge hotel for five nights. We really appreciated the nice breakfasts and friendly staff. They were always ready to book taxis for us. I remember Primrose in particular was friendly, and greeted us even when we bumped into her at the Marine World. The hotel felt really homely and all the amenities.The location turned out to be one of the safest in Durban. The botanical garden is within walking distance.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

What a wonderful place, people and a overall fantastic experience. Relaxed vibe but quality / no expense spared finishes. Food is great and the staff / people are just real, comfortable and make me want to back again and again! I want to tell everyone about it but at the same time keep it as my best kept secret. - Thanks for a wonderfully unique offering!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business