“Excellent - Good rooms- Very good Breakfast- Good restaurant”
Review of Hotel 64 on Gordon

Hotel 64 on Gordon
Ranked #56 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel during last Indaba in May. All was very good for my first trip in South Africa. The Staff is very helpfull and competent. The was big and with a good atmosphere.
Breakfast are wonderfull made on a open kitchen. Very French. Same with the restaurant for diner. I really enjoy my stay and highly recommend this hotel both for leasure or business.
A very nice remember.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulrueil

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at this place on the following dates 02-03 May 2013.
Prices are very reasonable, nice rooms, very friendly staff members including the security guards.
They always welcome their guests with a bottle of red wine, that taste so nice.
They also serve nice T-bone and vegetables.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jabulani1981
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. I was in a group of four and everyone seemed happy with the overall experience. The lunch and dinner were both very good and had a decent choice on both menus. As advertised, the hotel doesn't have a gym or pool so maybe not desirable for a family holiday. Centrally locate and close to Florida road Which has a plethora of bars and restaurants. Also close to the beach and a couple of golf courses. My only complaint would be with the wifi connection, although it is free it constantly drop out and requires you to re-enter the password again. Extremely annoying! The shower in my room was great but had no curtain which is a bit strange! Would certainly use the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Management response:Responded 16 April 2013

Dear Rosco92

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to Hotel 64 on Gordon in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel 25-27 March 2013 while there on business and I was worried about what I was going to find as I found the hotel on the net at last minute and very cheap I must say.We arrived and check in was very smooth.the rooms my colleagues and I stayed in were very clean.everything in the room worked and I like that they're energy efficient in that you cant leave your lights on when you're not in the room.room service was great, the breakfast was amazing considering its included in the room rate.the meals from the restaurant were also very tasty! I honestly have nothing bad to say about this place.the staff was very helpful and went out of their way to assist. even the porter who is really not a porter but he gladly helped with the luggage.I've recommended this place to my other colleagues and will definitely be back.oh by the way its literally 5 minutes drive from Durban ICC.Also has a small shopping centre within walking distance. Its in a lovely quite nighbourhood and has safe parking.If you dont want to stay in a big hotel and are looking for something cosy and quite then this is the place. they also offer free WIFI.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mantsho
Management response:Responded 11 April 2013

Dear Manthso

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments on Trip TripAdvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to Hotel 64 on Gordon in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

the beds are so luxurious, even had a private zen garden attached to our room. only issue was that there was no door to the shower just a curtain covering you, which was a little awkward at times when sharing a room with people. had my expensive camera and money and phones scattered around the room when people came into clean and absolutely nothing was touched.

• Stayed: April 2013
Management response:Responded 4 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments.
I am pleased to hear how you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel 64 on Gordon in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel is unclean , we found bugs in the bed and the room.
It was not a good stay , the sheets and towels were dirty,

I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

Poor service.
There is nothing on the menu that caters for vegeterians.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 312595Mary
Management response:Responded 26 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments.
I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I will be investigating the matter urgently, as this is not how I run my hotel.
With regards to the breakfast menu we have a variety of options on the menu to cater for all our guests and we will accommodate our guests in every means, thus why you can choose items one the menu to make up your breakfast.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Paid in advance for 3 rooms for 3 nights. Inspite of us communicating on emails for weeks and the night before my arrival- the following took place. Rooms were not booked in one building, on arrival we were not greeted - abruptly told that they were fully booked and could not start shifting guest around. Out of the 3 rooms only one room was serviced and ready (we arrived after a 6/7hour drive at 2.30 in the afternoon) - there are no tiles/carpet/etc on the floor of the rooms (this was a shock to me as I have travelled extensively and have never seen a hotel with cement floor), no tub only shower, linen was dirty and smelly (had to insist that the linen be changed for the two rooms) - bird pooh on my sliding door (inspite of me showing - never cleaned), sliding door muddy not cleaned, white chairs on balcony muddy, pealing paint on wall -strong paint smell, ants crawling in a line, had to request for toilet roll, towels/soaps not changed etc during my stay-my daughter's room had cochroach and spider on the wall - breakfast buffet flies - not covered with netting, etc. Cooked breakfast and coffee was great on the plus. Very noisy in the morning (as early as 6am). This hotel is not suited for families with children as there are no activies/gardens/swimming pools/gyms, etc. They have wifi which is charged.
It is suited for singles, couples, business - but not for long stays.

Room Tip: Not suitable for children - no activities/garden When booking ask for rooms on the Sunny Side - my...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank shamin d
Management response:Responded 16 January 2013

Dear Shamind

Thank you for your review.
I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay for you and your family.
The reason as to why we could not allocate the rooms nearer to one another was due to the fact we were fully booked and I feel that the rooms were allocated to the best of our abilities.
If you see any of the photos on any online site for our hotel it does not advertise a pool/gym/activities as we do not offer any of them.
In the photos of our rooms it clearly shows the concrete floors as this is the design of the hotel.
We are designed to be an industrial looking hotel.
We do not advertise our rooms to have bath tubs as there are only showers in all our rooms and if you had requested a room with a bath tub my staff members would have advised you on the time of booking that we do not have any bath tubs/gym/pool/activities for children.
With regards to the rooms not being ready I do apologize for this and this was an issue with my laundry who failed to deliver on time and I apologize about this.

The wifi is complimentary to all our guests and the code is obtained from reception.
If asked at reception my staff would have gladly given you or your family members a code for the wifi.

Our breakfast buffet has nets to cover the fruit salad/yoghurt, etc due to the odd fruit flies we have and they are placed on top of the food at all times.