“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Singapore
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Went to Durban on business in August and was given two hotels to choose from by my local colleagues and opted for the Coastlands and must say I did not regret my choice.

The pick up from the airport went well although my flight arrived half an hour early - I also had different experiences with airport pick ups on that trip - and after half an hour or so transfer to the hotel I was greeted friendly by the reception staff. I must say that I was always greeted by name once I came into sight of the receiption throughout the three days of my stay, it made me feel very welcome and special given that I wasn't the only guest and I myslf have a particularly poor memory for names.

The room was clean, normal hotel room size I'd say, but was really special was the huge balcony facing the ocean (as I learnt later, on request of my colleagues I had a 'seaview room') .

One thing I had to stuggle with - also in other hotels in South Africa - was the wifi internet. I guess this was more related to my computer rather to the hotel. Luckily they still have a wall socket to plug in a LAN cable which one can borrow from the reception.

Summarizing I can say I'd choose the Coastlands again should I get to visit Durban again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank thehamburgian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Travellers also viewed these Durban hotels
Hilton Durban
Belaire Suites
Belaire Suites
#8 of 43 in Durban
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows

Been to Coastlands Musgrave Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Coastlands Musgrave Hotel

Property: Coastlands Musgrave Hotel
Address: 315-319 Peter Mokaba Ridge | Musgrave, Durban 4001, South Africa (Formerly Coastlands on the Ridge)
Region: South Africa > KwaZulu-Natal > Durban
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 Luxury Hotel in Durban
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Coastlands Musgrave Hotel 4*
Located on Crest of Ridge road with spectacular views over Durban, Coastlands Musgrave Hotel offers 101 modern and comfortable bedrooms. It boasts 58 Standard Rooms, 41 Deluxe Rooms and 2 Suites. This hotel is ideal for the discerning corporate, leisure and international traveler and is situated minutes away from Durban's iconic Moses Mabhida stadium, Greyville Racecourse, Suncoast Casino, uShaka Marine World, Durban Beaches on the Golden Mile and is a mere 35 minutes drive from King Shaka International Airport. Durban University of Technology is 2.5 km from the hotel.Our 6th floor conference and events centre is the ideal venue for your next conference, function or special occasion and we are able to tailor-make a package that suit your needs. We work with suppliers of the highest standard and we are able to assist in any decor or technical requirements.Sip on a cocktail or your favorite drink on our terrace or next to the pool, and enjoy a scrumptious A-la-Carte dinner in our 315 Restaurant. Our Friday evening Spice and Saturday night Seafood Buffet is legendary and offers live entertainment. Room service is available 24 hours a day and our coffee shop serves delectable cakes and desserts.All our bedrooms are equipped with individually controlled air-conditioning, flat-screen televisions with DSTV and tea & coffee making facilities, laundry service and turndown service.Our friendly and professional staff at the Concierge desk is able to assist you in transport arrangements, luggage storage and guests are welcome to make use of our business centre which offers internet, printing and fax facilities. Free wi-fi is available throughout the hotel.Coastlands Musgrave Hotel welcomes you to Durban, and invites you to explore and experience our beautiful province. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coastlands Musgrave Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coastlands On The Ridge Hotel Durban