“Just like a home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 254 Durban B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Just like a home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I was down in Durban for an exam and stayed in Sparkling Star for almost a month. It felt like home. The centralized location made it very easy for me to access different places conveniently. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. The owners make sure they do everything to make you feel comfortable. And it's not just the comfortable rooms, but also the food is delicious! I always enjoyed the smell of freshly brewed coffee and home made muffins and scones with some delicious omlettes :) must must recommended!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Nida S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at the bnb. Was there for my exam, felt very welcomed and safe. Will never forget the freshly baked savoury muffins, think I will be booking again very soon.

welcome and safe. Thea is a great hostess, if you l

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bomkazi F
Richards Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed for business in October and enjoyed our stay. My husband and assistant had to leave early in the morning, too early to have breakfast.
This was no problem breakfast was packed for them so that they did not have to go hungry.
Breakfast for me was ready at 8 o'clock and was plenty full.
I enjoyed sitting in the garden, but the weather was not so nice.
Television gave a variety of channels, so there was always something inviting to watch.
We were made very welcome when we arrived after searching for the place. This is the problem in Durban due to the name changes. We now have the address on our GPS so next time we will have no problem.

Room Tip: We had the downstairs double room with the little patio which was very secure and safe.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank karenRichardsBay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

The whole experience was wonderful from arriving in the rain, and having Thea, (owner and manager) run out to meet me to the wonderful breakfast and chat before I left. The house is quaint, and comfortable, with loads of space, relaxing bathrooms, and a warm cosy common area. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Yentl H
Mtunzini, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Sparking Star offered far more than I expected. From the prompt response to my enquiry, to assisting me when I arrived ( I had just undergone an operation ) I was not only made to feel welcome but also so comfortable in a private flatlet which is tastefully decorated and spacious. I felt I had the privacy I required, but at the same time they looked after me and made sure I had everything I needed, including meals when they knew I could not manage. The guesthouse is in a very central area and it is safe to walk to close shopping centres or catch taxi's as it is easily accessable. Plenty of privacy and lovely linen, an enormous breakfast and freshly brewed coffee - I will certainly make use of it again.Thank you Thea.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Seon B
Stampriet, Namibia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Spotlessly clean.
Close proximity to city centre.
Free WiFi.
Free garage.
Amazing breakfast.
We stayed here for 4 days during the 2013 Academy Week. It is walking distance from Glenwood High. Thea the hostess is a peoples person who went the extra mile in making sure we were comfortable & well looked after.
……..and the breakfast!
10 out of 10

Room Tip: The WiFi reception is the best close to the main area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kobus v
Keetmanshoop, Namibia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Unforgettable 4 day stay over with the friendliest hostess, gorgeous breakfasts and adorable rooms. The close proximity to the city and nearby shops should make this a wonderful first choice for all business and holiday travellers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family