“Quaint Chinese Restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great value for money-tasty dishes and freshly made food.
They have alot of Sichuan dishes (Chengu region, spicy).

Seems popular as we had to book in advance to get a table. Been here thrice now and wasn't disappointed during all occasions.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

From the glory days of being the President's private chef, George is the Emperor of the Durban Chinese scene.Somewhat arrogant, it's all part of his charm, the food is the finest you will find in the city. Various set menus, all offering tasty gourmet dishes, there is something for everyone. Choosing from the menu, we started with the prawn sesame toast...delicious. The stir fries and sweet and sour dishes are all huge and one of our party thought was better than anything she had in the country. Finishing with the baked ice cream, the service was excellent and a truly memorable meal. Always busy, so booking essential.

Ivan G

1  Thank ivan g
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Simple set up. Great food. Portions are enough for 2 people! George brings the flavours of China as they are in the homeland. Been there several times and the food has always been of the highest standard. Friends and family have had mixed experiences but I have always left extremely satisified.

1  Thank Nashvir A
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The food is amazing! but the owners attitudes stink! and even though they receive a bad review, they will not give a damn! if it wasn't for the food I would never step foot in those arrogant rude peoples restaurant! as a restaurant owner service and attitude is the most important... with George & his wife they are the worst people I have ever come across in my life! my father was disgusted with the way George and his wife spoke when we were ordering... pathetic service and pathetic people!

5  Thank Johnny J
Reviewed 8 November 2012

They are not very helpful and the owner is very rude. I placed a telephonic order and when i got there an hour ago my order was still not done. The owner told me that if I'm not happy i must just go.... Very unprofessional

1  Thank Samke M