“Disappointing”

and up
Durban City Half-Day Tour
Ranked #48 of 137 things to do in Durban
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to see West Side Story. The playhouse exuded its usual ambiance which is pleasant.
The bar service could be a lot more efficient!The show itself was probably one of the most mediocre that I have been to .Disappointing production and characters not very well type cast.
In all it was very amatuerish. The theatre management need to up their game!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Been there for the West Side Story, Being in December, the theatre foyer has a big & beautifully decorated christmas tree, very simple bar & refreshments layout, interior decor has the charm of the era that the theatre was built, the performance stage is of a smaller size, most probably due to the time the theatre was built. The seating were of stadium format, we can see the stage with ease. The seats are very uncomfortable, needed new upholstery, overall it's clean & neat.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I cannot remember what we saw at the playhouse when we attended, but in general my overall impression was average of the venue.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Very helpfull and kind staff helps you to find the right offers, I saw Jonny Clegg and was very imopressed both of the artist and a marvellous audience. Later I visited a piece of Shakespeare and was impressed of the nice main scene.