“Great Staff members”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Pretoria, South Africa
“Great Staff members”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staff members were readily available and accessible, helpful and handy. I felt at home. I had to change my room because I was not comfortable in my first room and it was done with ease and quickly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Tshepo073

We are so glad that the team was able to help. We really appreciate your loyalty. Please come back soon.

Amar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hungarian first
Geraldton
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After flying from Geraldton, Western Australia, Perth, Dubai, Durban, Arrived to book into my
accommodation for one night approx 5:30 pm. Lots of people outside Garden Court Hotel,
inside 4 very polite staff were busy checking everyone in.
My room 0719, clean and over looking the exquisite beach and a full moon no less , with palm trees gently moving. Toiletries very pleasant some of the better ones I have used also a bath tub.
Restful sleep, full breakfast in which they cater for all nationalities in a very bright, large dining room great viewing.
The sweet shop on the premises not to be missed.
I thank you Garden Court for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Sometimes it is best to take what they offer as I did.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Ms Oakabella

Thank you so very much for sharing this review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you all the very best in your future travels. Please call again soon.

Kangaroo Island, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The high rise hotel is situated on the beach front within easy reach of UShaka - a wonderful assortment of places to eat, play, shop, see marine animals and observe the fascinating streams of humanity that wander through, especially on a Sunday. Beware the muggers. The weather in February is hot and humid and many locals enjoy the fun park, small stalls and eateries and swimming in the ocean and the many well kept public pools available for all just in front of the hotel. Downside of location is the area behind the hotel is filled with high rise apartment blocks lived in by many desperate and lawless peoples from all over Africa it seems. You cannot walk there as I did foolishly. There are no nice shopping malls, no banks and no money changers. So change your money at the airport or suffer.
Another anomaly is porterage. I got out of the airport shuttle to be met by a young man I thought to be a hotel employee. He took my bags from my hands and brought them inside the hotel. He said he would look after them as I waited for the room to be ready. He then took them to the room and waited some time - to be paid. I thought it was an automatic hotel service. It is apparently a separate business. He became quite unpleasant and as I could not find anywhere to change money, I could not pay him to get rid of him. I complained to management when he said the charge would be put on my hotel bill. What is this? Locals tell me they were exploiting my ignorance.
Breakfast is excellent.
Rooms are quite comfortable though small, clean and bedding is excellent. All rooms have views but the preferred ones are the beachfront.
Noise level - great if your neighbours are considerate or you don't have any as happened when I was in the corner side facing room but I spent two of the three nights in a corridor with guests who banged doors and yelled across corridors at all hours of the night.
For a more enjoyable stay, you could try the heritage hotel just a few doors down. It is quiet and more discreet and for the discerning traveller.
There is a pleasant pool area on level 1 which I did not use.

Room Tip: Beach front corner only.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Nirvanpsych

Thank you for your support, and for taking the time to share your review. We regret that you did not feel safe in the areas where you were walking. Please be assured that there is now an increase of Urban Management Zone personnel posted in the areas which you have mentioned. Managment do work closely with city role players, as we wish all of our guests to be comfortable at all times.

We are saddened to hear that the porter was not polite, and we will definitely take remedial action in this matter. Our guest services are available to change foreign currency, and we are very sorry that you were not informed of this.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and the bedding. Our hope is that you will return to our hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the management team for help with any matters. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Vryburg
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Arguably the oldest Southern Sun Hotel in the country. For the rate you paying do not expect the best. Just for a 2 night stay I found the hotel very clean & comfortable.Breakfast was superb, rooms were neat and tidy. Very well situated, near beachfront and Ushaka Marine World. Ideal hotel for family wanting a good but affordable hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Dokes2014
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Dokes2014

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and location, to be honest we are proud of both too!

Please bring the family back soon for a great holiday. We look forward to welcoming you.

Tshwane(Pretoria)
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Dinner meal should have more Quarter chicken with pap or rise or pastor with mince a beat cheap form I realized people buy takeaways cause the price and quantity of food to satisfy their hunger Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mr Joseph M

Thank you so much for your valued feedback. Our food and beverage team are working with your suggestions in order to see how we can incorporate your ideas into our menu. We are really pleased and excited that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.

Ntabankulu
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Improve bedding are not comfortable
Improve food
Room space is too little
I like the location of the hotel
Welcoming at the reception must be improved
Try to organize morning gowns like other hotels so that we can not only relying on big towels to rep the body in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Vusumuzi M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to advise that we are busy with a routine upgrading of all bedding, and we are confident that you will be happy with the results.

I am sharing your comments with the team so that we can make changes where possible. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lusikisiki, South Africa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My room was sea facing. I also noticed that the mats have been changed. The service I received during my checkin was super

I will frequently book the hotel as I usually do even on leisure
I enjoyed my one night stay at South Beach Garden Court

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tobeka S

Thank you so very much for these great comments. Your input is truly valued by all.The team are dedicated to ensuring that you continue to be as happy as always with us. In fact, we trust that the improvements we are planning make you even happier with us in future!

We really appreciate your support. Please come back soon.