“Great break-away weekend”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Vereeniging, South Africa
“Great break-away weekend”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

What a lovely stay for our whole family (dad, mom, boet & sus). Everything was excellent. From the front desk staff right through to the housekeeping personnel. Our second visit and definitely not the last.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Mr Peter O and family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and excited to hear that you are planning many more visits with us. We wish you and your family all the very best until your return to Garden Court South Beach (your Durban home).

We really appreciate your support.

Amar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and i were on our honeymoon. We specifically chose South Africa and the tsogo brands. We stayed at the Sandton Sun before Garden court. The dining experience was non existent, the mustard grill left us speechless not in a good way and we vowed not to return there for the rest of our stay we made sure to research dinner places around town. The location of the hotel is perfect and with a few changes here and there, i am sure more people would be impressed. I should say thank you to the Hotel manager for the welcome letter and for the bottle of wine, that was a ray of sunshine. We are not totally put off and if changes were made to the organisation of the breakfast buffet and dinner we would return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms AmieC747

We are extremely sorry that the dining experience was not what you expected at a Garden Court restaurant. We have escalated your comments to the manager of the restaurant for comment and remedial action. We do hope that this will not deter you from using our hotel in future, as we really appreciate your support.

Harrismith, South Africa
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel around March,I checked on the 1st May & experience most horrible service ever in my many years of stay in Southren sun hotel.I was checked in room 809, supposed to be a family room, no ceiling light I had to rely on the bedside lamps which on my arrival one was not working.For me to access assistance I had to use my own cellphone to call for help cos the phone in the room was not working & front desk took forever to answer the phone. How terrible- I am never using this hotel ever.

• Stayed May 2014
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Bokang12

Thank you very much for bringing your experience of the hotel to our attention. We are extremely disappointed at the level of service which you received, and humbly ask that you accept our apologies for this.

I would like to believe that the matters which you have raised are an isolated case, as this is definitely not the normal standard which we provide to all of our valued guests, such as yourself. All of the matters which you have raised have been brought to the attention of our Heads of Department and I will personally ensure that a full investigation is carried out and remedial action is undertaken.

We sincerely hope that this incident will not deter you from using the Garden Court South Beach, as we greatly appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back.

Richards Bay
Reviewed 29 April 2014

When I had arrived I never received good service from booking staff.I had paid by eft and no one picked it up.I dealt with Pamela .I was upset waiting for so long.SStaff is not serious about service.The room cleaner's never put in toilet paper no clean towels I had to keep calling them for assistance I never got the toilet paper I booked two rooms and used the second room toilet paper.I called for tooth paste n tooth brush it wasnt given too me .I got irrated calling for assistance. THIS is a beautiful hotel if staff learn to be serious with customer service then it will be a pleasant stay.I am from Richards bay and I never received such bad services I normally book the Riverside hotel and they give excellent service. I came on hoilday for the aqua festival and it was very convenient for me become suncoast casino is so near and the beach is across. .I was disappointed with the unpleasant welcome from staff.This hotel carries a good name in Richards bay but from my experience it wasnt good.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Julie G

Please accept our sincere apologies that things were not as they should have been, remedial action has been taken. I believe that my deputy, Leean, has made contact with you. Please do not hesitate to call on any of the team if we can help with any future matters.

Thank you for your support.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was really average. It was just an ok way for back packers and did an average job in terms of cleaning service. For me it's an average hotel. Good enough for sleeping and experiencing Durban.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Timothy M

Thank you for taking the time to review Garden Court South Beach. We are constantly improving our services and facilities, and I hope you will continue to choose us on future Durban visits. We do appreciate your support.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We genuinely enjoy our stay at garden Court! The service was excellent and staff are well trained, they make sure that the service and information provided are effective and efficient. The food was mouth watering we really enjoyed their breakfast and dinner"

Dear Sylvester S

We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for sharing your review. We hope and trust that we will be your "home away from home" always.

Beau Bassin - Rose Hill, Africa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Always good experience.
But air conditioning WIFI and bathroom facilities can be improved to enhance quality and better value for money.
The trolley service can be improved. Paying for that service as it is highlighted looks cheap but it could be for free and allow guest to give tips to the porter or bell boy.

Dear Tse Kwong L

Thank you so much for your loyal support. We really appreciate the feedback as it allows us to constantly improve upon the services and facilities which we provide. I trust and believe that you will find improvements on your next stay. Please call again soon !