Garden Court South Beach
US$91
US$69
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$53
US$47
  • Beachfront
1,332 results
All reviewssea facing roomexcellent servicebeach frontenjoyed my stayushaka marine worldrooms are cleankeep up the good workpleasant stayindian oceanhome away from homegcporterleisuresecuritydecemberestablishment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My overall experience was satisfactory. One item of clothing went missing from my room. I reported this to one of the managers. He investigated but could not come up with anything positive. If ever I stayed here again I will make sure I keep all my stuff in a lock up suitcase. The aircon in my room also did not work.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Mr Ramnand M

We really appreciate your ongoing support. We are very sorry that your item of clothing was not recovered. In future, should you have any concerns whilst at GC South Beach please do not hesitate to contact me or a senior member of management. Your comfort remains our number one priority. Please call again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Location was perfect wit a sea view,
Rooms were clean and big enough
Service was wonderful
Best liked quietness and well organised, but Least liked shortage of some Dstv channels ( Mzansi Magic)
Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Sam Musa M

Many thanks for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

value for money received, effecient & friendly staff, great location, wi-fi not easily accessible, not sure if it depends on the level of room,not sure if free shuttle available when venue is not busy

Dear Wandile N

Thank you for posting this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a complimentary shuttle to Suncoast, which is offered throughout the year. We appreciate your support, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A small bar fridge in each room would be advised

Otherwise service etc was generally good.

Bathroom:

After taking a shower water floods the bathroom . If something can be done about that as the shower curtain restricts minimal water

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear LM

Many thanks for your support. We really appreciate your feedback and our Department Heads are looking into your suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have on numerous occasions spent enjoyable and memorable holidays at Tsogo Sun Hotels.
However it is with great sadness and disappointment that I write, to you ,this email.

My wife and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary,and decided to book a stay at South beach Garden Court,from 28-30 April 2014.
It was during this time that her wedding ring went missing from the hotel room in which we were staying,room 1415. It was left with all our other jewellery in the room as we spent the days at the pool and at the beach, it was only when we were packing to leave that she notice the ring missing,as all the other jewellery was still there.
As we did not know who took it I reported the matter to the hotel manageress ,Virginia,who assured me that she would do a follow up and get back to me. I told her that I am a frequent guest member,7029234, and that all my details are there,and that I would be staying in Umhlanga Rocks until the 2 May 2014. She never got back to me.
My wife and I have since called the hotel to see if there was any headway into the matter,but was told nothing has been found out.
I had explained that all we wanted was the ring returned and no questions asked,but we have still heard nothing from the said hotel.
It hurt us more cos we were celebrating our anniversary and the wedding ring went missing. The ring is valued at around R10 000,00, but has more sentimental value, as it represents our 14 happy years together so far. What a damper it has put on our celebration.
It saddens us as to how seriously this matter was handled and treated. Our feelings were never taken into account.
It is shocking, that such a highly reputable hotel, has,such poor people skills and handled our complaint in such an unprofessional manner.
We have to date not received any closure in the matter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr Anesh S

We are indeed sorry that you lost your wedding ring. I have written to you using a seperate forum. Please do not hesitate to contact me if we can help with any future matters.