“Another warm winter at Durban”

Garden Court South Beach
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Durban
King William's Town, South Africa
“Another warm winter at Durban”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We, (my wife and I), had another warm winter in one of the Durban beach hotels. We were at the Garden Court, South Beach, Durban from Thursday, 12 June 2914 and checked on Friday, 13 June 1014. Ooh! what a wonderful stay! We were on the way to a graduation ceremony of one of our colleague's daughter in Pietermaritzburg (which was to be held on Saturday, 14 June 2014) and we slept over at this hotel GC, South Beach, Dbn). What a breakfast in the morning (as we did not have dinner with them the previous night). There was a wide choice of what you want for breakfast.

Really, Garden Court, South Beach is the hotel to stay at when in Durban, comparing the price yoy pay and the comfortability, nice food, etc. when you stay there.

when we left Durban on Sunday, we were welcomed by big smoke from the North East of Eastern Cape at the areas of Maclear, Matatiel, Kokstad from veldt fires.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Msingathi N

Thank you so much for your invaluable support. We are sorry to hear about the veldt fires, and trust that everything was brought under control quickly!

Please come back to lovely warm Garden Court South Beach soon.

Best wishes
Garden Court South Beach team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Please make your breakfast as wellcoming and make chooses of food.
Your breakfast its dall its something that you can get in street,
Please make it excenting, your rooms are not as clean as they suppose to
Even when you call for room service your food its so bad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Silindile N

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for your feedback, we have taken careful note of your comments. We trust that this will not prevent you from staying again, as we really appreciate your support.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would like to thank GC South beach for a great stay, was with my family for a five night stay and it was absolutely fantastic. Service was great, location, hotel is well maintained and very clean. It offers much more for a 3 star. Well done to all the staff and manager for running the establishment so well

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AmarHurjan, General Manager at Garden Court South Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Tshepo M

Thank you for this fantastic review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Need to avoid long lines when checking in especially during events like comrade marathon, where lots of people arrive at the same time and there is a room for improvement as well when people are checking out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Clement M

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your helpful suggestions. We agree with your feedback and will take action accordingly.

Please call again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Six star service, clean facilities, Friendly staff, positive attitudes.
Housekeeping made our stay an absolute pleasure and the kitchen staff made my wife feel at home away from home. Great stay overall

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lebone M

The team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Please come back soon!

Bedfordview, South Africa
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I ordered room service at 20h20 and food arrived at 21h40 after 2 followup phone calls. Who eats at this time? My colleague, in another room ordered her food before me and it never arrived. She called room service three times and no one picked up the phone. She had to sleep without eating and she is on medication. When I wanted to go out and park my car safely the door in my room could not lock from inside and from outside. I phoned reception and Shadrack who answered the phone said he will call maintenance. He did not. I phoned again after 30mins another person replied and said Shadrack has left and did not carry through the complaint. Maintenance only came at 23h30 to check. All this time I was in a room without being locked. Maintenance told me its a big job and I must be moved to another room. I was moved at 23h45 and I have to wake up at 05h00 in the morning to prepare for my meetings. My colleague and I will inform our travel agent never to book us in this hotel again. This was the most horrible experience ever and I had to attend a meeting without proper sleep. My colleague had to sleep without supper and medication. This is life threatening and a huge security risk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Sikhumbuzo G

Please accept our most sincerest apologies for these lapses. I believe that management have made contact with you through a seperate forum. Please be assured that we do not find these events acceptable and have taken remedial action.

Your support and patience with us is so very much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any of the managment team if we can help with any future matters.

Pretoria
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Give runners what they want & you will see how committed they are when they don their day to day work. We expect things like towels, face cloth, toilet paper to be available all the time. on the race day, we expect breakfast in the early hours of the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Samuel S
Dear Samuel S

Thank you very much for supporting Garden Court South Beach. We trust that you did have all the amenities needed, and that you did make use of our 3am or take-away Comrades breakfast offerings.

We wish you all the best with your running career, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.