2,597 results
All reviews ocean breeze tsogo sun pool deck indian ocean in room dining golden mile room service durban beachfront sea facing family room rooms are spacious enjoyed my stay pleasant stay south africa home away from home vigour verve
Reviewed 30 January 2012

What a wonderful weekend we had from the moment we got there till the time we left ,staff was absolutely fantastic,welcoming kids with their little gifts,and we even checked out late . The breakfast and dinner was enjoyed by all ,well done guys i will definetly be back .

Room Tip: always take sea facing ;you will never go wrong
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we 1stly waited 20min for a porter and then we were told by reception that all porters are too busy with other clients. 2ndly, we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door after check-in as we wanted to rest from the long drive, yet the maid walked into the room which had been already been cleaned and did not apologise as she herself did not know why she came in. 3rdly my husbands car and 6 other cars were vandilised in the hotel "secure" paid parking and till now we have had no contact from the hotel as promised that this matter will be sorted out by their insurance. 4thly, yet again a maid comes into the room opens the bathroom door to find myself using the restroom i was furious and told her not to come in as i was in the bathroom, she did not seem to care and she did not apologise either. lastly we ordered room service which came 2hours and 30min later as in room dining said they "forgot". We normally stay at the Hilton which is pure luxary compare to this but i thought having a view of the ocean would be better on this trip. i was very mistaken and will not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nasjhb
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We spent wonderful 2 nights at this hotel. Hotel staffs are helpful and friendly. And as in other reviews, breakfast is fantastic.
However, this hotel is not new. It shows in many places. Pool (facing the sea) water is murky and you can feel sediments of sand on pool floor. I guess the strong wind blows sand into this 2nd floor pool. But my feet felt not only sand but some other solid objects. But the water is too murky to see this.
When you flush the toilet, it over flows over the toilet bowl.
But with all these short comings, this hotel is saved by the friendly staffs. This is my choice of hotel when visiting Durban. I will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms faces ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The location of the hotel is great since the beach is your footstep. Great for the beach experience. Our stay was convenient and had all the luxuries required for a convenient stay in the good areas of Durban. The restaurant offered great and affordable food. The staff at the restaurant and hotel were very friendly which made the stay very enjoyable

Room Tip: The higher your room, the better view you'l have
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in.The total ambience of the hotel is excellent.Rooms are spacious and comfortable.The entire hotel is of a high standard in regards to cleanliness and caretaking.The pool and gym are also of a high standard.Check in and check out was a breeze.The staff are always friendly and willing to assist wherever possible.The onl hitch I experience was that there is limited undercover parking.
An excellent hotel which gves you good value for money.I will definitely be staying there again.
My compliments and congratulations to the management and staff for a fabulous stay at The Southern Sun Elangeni.Well done.

Room Tip: Executive sea facing rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family