Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
US$126
Good 3.5/5
US$203
Great 4.5/5
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$109
Orbitz.com
US$118
Orbitz.com
2,276 results
All reviewsocean breezetsogo sunpool deckindian oceangolden mileroom servicedurban beachfrontsea facingexcellent servicefamily roomrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staypleasant stayvigourvervedarumasamantha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The atmosphere is wellcoming and of high class. Staff are freindly and helpfull.
This is a master piece in excellence in every way one can imagine. The food is good and the service is perfect. happy me

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Samantha_Croft, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have realised that most of the rooms at Tsogo Sun hotels are not cleaned under the bed. if something fall under that bed and you try to retrieve it it comes out with a bunch of dust. Please ensure that cleaning is thorough as it affect other people health wise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in standards experienced from our housekeeping team - your comments have been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper, who will take the necessary corrective action to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Maharani. It was my birthday. After checking in my husband and I went for a walk. When we got back to our room there was wine, chocs and nuts and delicious mousse cake. It was really thoughtful for the staff to have arranged that. Room was comfy and clean. Friendly staff.
The only problems were that the room service doesnt answer the phone and the breakfast was very disappointing. I book at elangeni but was persuaded to stay at the maharani. The guy that booked us in guaranteed us that the breakfast has changed since last year but it didnt. Some indians dont eat beef or pork and there wasnt much to choose from. We ate at elangeni. Breakfast is much better there. But overall I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha_Croft, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and that the team was able to surprise you for your special occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing breakfast delivery at the Maharani - fortunately, by combining the two towers, we are now able to offer a variety of restaurants, which enables us to offer our guests a choice of dining options.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here after a couple of years the new renovations are great, hotel looks more lively. Bathrooms are upgraded good to have showers. And rooms are airy and comfortable. good views from the rooms. Hotel is an excellent choice if you want yo be on the beach front also great views from the rooms. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the newly refurbished hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Beyond words, friendly and helpful, I can preach but do yourself a favor request to make the acquaintance of Robert Samuel the manager he has a pleasant nature, friendly and helpful. He will most definitely make your stay worth every penny. Both Elangeni and Maharani

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Samantha_Croft, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your compliments for Robert. He is indeed an asset to our organisation. Your comments have been passed onto him and I can assure you that they are greatly appreciated.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.