Hilton Durban
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
1,606 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferenceexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonreception areaenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetsecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed quite a few times at the Hilton Durban, and must say it's definitely not my best memory.
Amongst all "happenings": my room has been double booked, so one night while I was laying on my bed I received visits straight into my room (of course they had a valid key!) and sorry: but security being an issue in SA...it wasn't reassuring.
Another day I come back to my room and: I was locked outside!!! Not that my key wouldn't work: but somehow the inside lock was put on (of course, again I had he doubt someone might be in my room but apparently not). Last..."detail": there was a small gift at my arrival, which I was very happy about, but seems that it was due to another room, so after 2 nights they simply took it away (while I had been putting it in my bag already).
So well: potentially good Hilton, but the service should seriously be trained...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank d r
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I sincerely apologise that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us.

Please note that the issues with regards to another guest entering your room and your welcome amenity being removed from your room will be addressed with the respective head of departments as this is certainly not our standard. We hope to see you in the near future so you can experience a true Hilton Experience.

Thank you once again for your response.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Overall a comfortable stay in Durban. Safe, secure and the food fairly good, although typical hotel fare. It is also quite central although not located on the beach. Given experiences with other hotels in Durban, I would say that this is probably your best bet and is worth paying extra for.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback. The hotel is in a safe and secure location. It is conveniently located next to the ICC, with The City Hall and Beaches close by. Our restaurant serves as an international cruise, with local cruises always being present on the buffet.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel is the best option if you are in Durban for a conference at the International Conference Centre (ICC) which hosts some of the most prominent conferences in the world. A great hotel with excellent and spacious rooms and friendly staff. Buffet served at night is good, especially if you like local cuisine (curries and other typical Indian food). Also within walking distance of a lovely part of the Durban beachfront.

Room Tip: Executive floors are on levels 14 and 15.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. The Durban Hilton is next to the ICC which has hosted many big international events like the IOC Meeting and COP17.

Our buffet at Rainbow Terrace serves a wide selection of cuisines.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

I thoroughly enjoy my stays at the Durban Hilton. The staff are efficient and the room service is always a must for the kids. We spent severalstays here since 2009 and was most amazed that staff members remembered my childrens' names every time. The warm reception and immaculate rooms only entices me to book here every time we visit Durban. The branded complimentary toiletries is a real attraction and the breakfasts caters for various options. My family my just be its number one fan. We have stayed at the Hilton Sandton, but this hotel is saluted for its five stars.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you and your family always enjoy your stay with us, and we are always able to meet and maintain your expectations.

The chef would be happy to hear the room service menu is a must by your kids. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forwarding to welcoming you back to your second home.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here towards the end of the UN Climate Change Conference in December 2011. All I can say is that I considered my stay to be excellent, outstanding and flawless. The wonderful hospitality from all the staff exceeded my expectations, my room was large, clean, comfortable and had a good view. The restaurant provided an excellent / wide ranging dinner buffet and excellent breakfast. Particular mention needs to go to Wellington (concierge) what an excellent asset to the hotel.

Overall I had a really fantastic stay, thoroughly enjoyed and commend a highly professional, very motivated and caring team. Most of all I thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor balcony on the 14th floor executive lounge.

Definitely the best place to stay in Durban. Truly a 5 star experience (unlike the Cape Town "Hilton" - which merely deserves two stars at best).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Joemalone123
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear Mr Joemalone

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. It’s always good to hear when our team exceeds our guests expectations.

We will definitely pass onto Wellington and the rest of the team that they contributed to your wonderful experience.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban in the New Year.

Kind Regards