I normally stay at Umhlanga but as I had business in and around Durbs I thought about trying the Hilton. To be honest I did not have high expectations with it being in town and a conference type hotel.
I was wrong! Really good check in, excellent staff at front desk, good porter.
Rooms were spacious, clean, well equipped and quiet. Web access was good but a bit pricey.
The sleep quality was excellent with good beds, unobtrusive aircon and thick curtains.
Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and fresh ingredients. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the concierge managed to assist with some difficult requests.
Check out was painless and the staff seemed genuinely interested about the quality of the stay.
The pool and gym area were clean and well kept and quite spacious.
Parking is a bit expensive and a bit of a mission to find the way in and out, but it is in the city so that is understandable.
It will be my hotel of choice from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel offering superior accommodations in a supreme location near the Durban International Convention Center. All rooms offer panoramic views of the city or the Natal coastline, with easy access to Durban's beaches and central business district, perfect for meetings or events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Durban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Durban Hotel Durban
- Hilton International Durban