I stayed here in January for our honeymoon for three days. When we were greeted we were suprised that there is no valet service for a hilton hotel!! We were quitely told by the concierge that this for security purposes. Parking was reasonable at only 50 rands per day which is much cheaper than other big cities around the world.
Our room was a superior room and was dated somewhat, the rooms looked very 90's american including the bathrooms, the rooms were big but the quality is not that of a five star hotel and not of the standard of other five star hotels we stayed in South Africa.
The buffet breakfasts are fantastic and with met a wonderful gentlemen Tiny who gave us ideas on what to do on our honeymoon in Durban (if you get a chance visit Ushaka Marine World).
Apart from the rooms which do need a renovation this a great safe place to stay in Durban.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel offering superior accommodations in a supreme location near the Durban International Convention Center. All rooms offer panoramic views of the city or the Natal coastline, with easy access to Durban's beaches and central business district, perfect for meetings or events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Durban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Durban Hotel Durban
- Hilton International Durban