“Perfect”
Review of Hilton Durban

Hilton Durban
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Excellent service, excellent rooms perfect location

Room Tip: Request sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank exSeis
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Grosmont,

Thanks for the excellent review on Tripadvisor,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Durban

Reviewed 22 April 2012

If you dont mind asking for everything its a decent place. Location is a bit dodgy. My wifes underwear was stolen....yes it happened.

• Stayed: April 2012
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel, and I would like to apologise.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. You comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention, and a thorough investigation is always completed.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Staying at Hilton Durban was great experience, It was worth every penny. I didn't have my meals there but Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Birambole
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Birambole, thank you for sharing your experience with other viewers.

I do hope on your next visit you get to dine at one of our outlets. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Not only is the property beautiful designed and the rooms up to date, the views from this centrally located property provide breathtaking vistas over the historic, diverse city of Durban. Upon check-in, it was readily apparent that the staff attends to the guest with the utmost attention. Each traveler has a different set of accommodation needs and I felt that my requests, and questions were addressed in a most positive, welcome manner. From the front desk to the executive lounge, Tevesh and Nadia for example, worked tirelessly to make me feel valued as a visitor to the exceptional country of South Africa. As for me, another hotel option does is out of the question. The Hilton Durban is the place to stay and play.

Room Tip: Upon arrival, request well worth upgrade for nominal fee.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Towersia, thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We do try to ensure every guest stay is a personalised experience and all requests and questions are met to our best abilities. Your kind words will definitely be passed onto Tevesh and Nadia.

The next time you stay at Hilton Durban, do let us know so we can ensure you receive the same exceptional hospitality.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Solid hotel, decent in an old school kind of way. Great check in, early check in allowed, ab fab cafe mocha and seriously local bunny chow from room service! The book detailing things to do at the concierge should be updated though as I could not do the wine and chefs tour at Sable Estate as the number was disconnected and could not make a booking. A huge turn off though was an interleading door, I think that reception should tell guests about this before they allocate the room as if I had a choice i would refuse such a room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
JulieNolan13, Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send us your review. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive constructive feedback and I thank you, on behalf of my Team. We apologise for your allocated room and will update your profile with your preference. Have also noted your comment regarding the latest information being available at our Concierge Desk and have informed our Front Office Manager accordingly.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Durban and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Hilton Durban in February for a long weekend break. As a HHonors Gold, we were upgraded to an Executive Room with lounge access and complimentary internet access. The property itself is well appointed but the service and the staff are what sets it apart. Truly exceptional and worthy of a 5-star rating. Underground parking is available. The only very minor drawback is the location which isn't quite on the beachfront. Overall though, this is the best choice for a hotel in Durban if you are looking for a mix of local hospitality and international standards.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeanMendis

It is always good to receive such great comments about our staff and I thank you, on behalf of my Team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business, the hotel is fairly central to town and when I arrived, plenty of people there to assist you with yours bags but no over powering. I was lucky and upgraded to an exec room so sent straight to the 14th floor. Checkin was smooth and easy and was greated by a friendly helpful receptionist. The room was large, great views, very clean and tidy The bathroom had a decent walk in shower and large bathroom, although not too bright. The usual available, safe, tea, coffee, water, internet. The exec lounge was well stocked, great views with a balcony and very friendly staff. Even offered me coffee as they were closing. I used the gym which was a decent gym, plenty of carido machines, a rack machine, benches and some free weights, better than most Hilton gyms. i used the bar down stairs for a snack and a late night drink, however it was quiet, lifeless and felt like and awkward add-on. The hotel had an outside pool although small, enough for a quick dip. check out in the morning was helpful and friendly. Overall excellent value, nicely decorated (I guess because it was new) and a decent business hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank keegan d
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dragek, Thanks so much for posting a review.

I really appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others .Its great to hear in one evening you were able to experience most of our facilities. Your comments will certainly be passed onto the team. I hope we get a chance to meet next time you’re in town.

Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it’s productive and pleasant again.

Roshini