Hilton Durban
US$91
US$69
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$53
US$47
  • Beachfront
1,606 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferenceexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonreception areaenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetsecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at Hilton Durban in March 2012 for 1 night. I booked since it was on special. I previously had a look at the rooms on the internet and was not keen as it looked like a dated hotel. At a rate of R620 per night, we had to try it! I was certainly proven wrong about Hilton Durban. While the rooms were not the fanciest, they were large. The service from the moment we stepped into the foyer to the moment we checked out was excellent.

The bathroom products provided were Crabtree and Evelyn, which I was personally thrilled about! The personally addressed welcome letter in the roon together with a lindt chocolate really proves that Hilton distinguishes itself with its service. The room was very comfortable. The only slightly negative is that the shower area had some black mildew which not not a pretty sight. I did bring this to the attention of management via email feedback.

Breakfast at the Rainbow room was the BEST selection I have ever come across. From different types of croissants to muffins, pancakes, waffles, lamb sausages (which I have never ever seen before on a breakfast buffet), rotis, different types of breads, grilled chicken, durban-style egg chutney, and the usual types of eggs, bacon and beef sausages. I was truly amazed.

We highly recommend the Hilton Durban as a good base while staying in Durban, since it is centrally located and great value for money. You will not go wrong on this 1. The other upside is the stores within the hotel building: nightclub/lounge, hair salon, boutique clothing store. Absolutely convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Latisha29, thanks for taking the time to write to us with your feedback.

Its great to hear that enjoyed your stay at our hotel and you found the service and product to be outstanding. Please be advised that your comments have been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper.

Kind Regards

Journey Amabssador

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Hilton was very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The only draw back was the location, not walking distance to any restaurants off property. I enjoyed my stay there and would return there anytime I get back to Durban.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Durban, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I booked our stay at the Hilton, Durban for the first night of our honeymoon. I had phoned ahead to inform reception that we would be checking in late due to the wedding. They congratulated me and said they would let the other staff know. Upon arrival, there was nobody at the door, apart from some intoxicated teenagers. Reception staff were unfriendly, we were then offered a smoking or non smoking room, as smokers we chose a smoking a room only to be told that weren't actually amoking rooms available! We then had to carry our own bags to our room. Inside our room, we had 1 small chocolate to share between us. We ordered room service, just a single toasted chicken mayo sandwich which had a third slice of bread wedged in the middle to bulk it up as there was so little chicken mayo in it! Breakfast on the other hand was outstanding, though i would not ever recommend the Hilton, as you can get a good breakfast anywhere!

Stayed: April 2012
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Byron S, thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this special occasion. Please be assured this is not our standard, and I will follow up your feedback with the respective departments.

However should you return to the Hilton Durban please do ask to meet me at Reception so I can ensure your stay is personalised and you get to experience the true Hilton Experience.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was attending an exhibition at the convention centre which is 30 seconds walk from the hotel. Therefore, perfectly located, standard was as expected. There is also a small but decent public bar in the lobby which was ideal for us to meet colleagues after the exhibition. No complaints with the hotel at all. I found the staff from the cleaners, front desk, room service to concierge all very helpful and friendly.

Only 5 minutes in a taxi to the beach area and maybe 12 minutes to Florida road where there are many bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences on Tripadvisor. Its great to hear that you made use of our in-house bar.

Hopefully next time you get a chance to use our other facilities at our hotel. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to the rest of the staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here for 1 night with my partner and we chose to upgrade to an executive suite. The front desk attendant was lovely and helpful and the room was as you would expect from a Hilton hotel with some water views. As part of our room we were offered complimentary canapes, beverages, limited free internet access and breakfast. We made use of the hotel pool (no clean towels available though), gym (excellent cardio equipment but weights were out of order) and booked in for a massage at a shop in the hotel.

Room Tip: Book the executive suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Scampy86, thanks for taking the time to write to us, and giving us feedback on your stay. Its great to hear that you were able to experience the executive lounge and most of the facilities. I will follow up with the respective management with regards to the pool and the gym. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.