“Excellent Conference Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Durban
Staines, United Kingdom
“Excellent Conference Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Ideally suited for the ICC as its right next door! Comfortable, clean luxurious rooms, kind and helpful staff, biggest choice of breakfast I have seen anywhere, nice bar and excellent spa and hair salon included. Can get a city tour from the door too. Definitely would stay there again!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Julia908, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I will definately share it with our team. The next time you over at the hotel, please do let me know so I can ensure all your requirements are met. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was here on business, but my husband had a vacation! The hotel and restaurant staffs was very friendly and consistent in the excellent service that they gave. Since I love African foods and the opportunity to try new things, I was very happy with the restaurant. The restaurant food was delicious. The hotel location is not in the entertainment district, but is right next door to the convention center and about a block from the soccer stadium.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JulieNolan13, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
CaelyynsNana, firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food at our restaurant and this will defiantely be shared with our Food and Beverage Team. Thank you once again

Roshini
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Checked in and found both our rooms were smoking rooms...after booking and then confirming they would be "Non-smoking", called reception and was told there were no "non-smoking rooms available. We instructed the porter to take our bags to the lobby and we would find another hotel...after the front desk heard this they miraculously found two "non-smoking" rooms.
The overall service was not very good, my wife and I went to get coffee in the lobby, after waiting 40+ minutes and noticing everyone else being servered, I asked the barista, who said the order had not been turned in...
Asked the conceirge to set up a dinner at a traditional restaurant, he sent us to Moyo, upon arrival we were told the restaurant was booked and we had to find another place...apparently he didn't bother to call them.
Had great experiences with the Protea brand...should have chosen them for this night.

Room Tip: Better choics in the area.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear VinoBambino, I sincerely apologise that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please be advised that all your comments have been noted and remedial action will be taken. Please do you mind emailing Reinard Korf, our Front Office and Reservations Manager, on reinard.korf@hilton.com as he would like to liaise with you.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Room was very clean & comfortable. Great buffet breakfast with lots of choices (especially the curry muffins). Reasonable priced restaurant and bar, although staff can be a little slow. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for making the time to post a review on this website. You comments have been noted. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon,

Cape Town, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife, 11 year old and myself stayed for 3 days at the hotel. The deluxe room was very comfortable and spacious and accommodated the 3 of very with ease. The highlight was the excellent breakfast buffet, excellent variety and well prepared.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chris F, its great receiving nice reviews and we thank you very much. Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hilton Durban soon,

Warm Regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed in Hilton Durban at the beginning of September for 5 nights and I have to say, it was amazing. The staff was so attentive and kind in all the departments.
Ahmad at the Front Desk helped me with all my inquiries and assisted me in planning my stay. Thank you so much Ahmad, you are a real credit to this hotel!
The staff in the breakfast restaurant was simply amazing. Just an example: One day I had a safari planned and was a bit in a hurry for breakfast. One of the lovely ladies in the restaurant noticed that and brought me a to go cup could have my coffee in the car! This is intuitive customer service!
I always had a nice chat with the guys standing in front of the hotel, so funny, and I love love love their uniforms :)
I wish I could have stayed longer, but I will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank schotzele_88
Schotzele – 88, thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review. I am glad Admad and the restaurant team were able to meet your expectations. I will definitely share your comments with the team. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Warm regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have travelled quite a bit and have stayed in 5 star hotels before which I found to be very different to Hilton Durban. No free Wi-Fi available and as a hotel guest you have to pay for parking which I found a bit of a rip off. I had to remind staff to make up a bed for my daughter from around 6 pm and finally got them to do it at 9:30 pm. There was a function on across the road which sounded like a concert and went on until midnight so the location is not great if that is the norm.

Room Tip: Confirm what beds are required and make sure there are no functions on across the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bandit314
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Bandit 314, thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion. Please note your comments have been passed onto our Operations Manager, IT Manager and Security Manager.

Thank you once again for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.