“Hilton, Best Hotel to be”
Review of Hilton Durban

Hilton Durban
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Hilton Hotel, is at the centre of Durban and near to town, North coast, neighbouring businesses and holiday destinations . The rooms are clean and furnished with quality finishes. The breakfast is lovely, just what the Doctor ordered.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelebogile Port... L
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban, Durban's landmark hotel and for taking the time to complete your wonderful guest review. Will surely pass on your comments to the entire team.

Markus

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wonderful way to distress and spend quiet time. Good break away from normal routine. Staff willing assisted with all requests to make the stay magical. Hotel peaceful and relaxed. Excellent service. Hilton Hotel certainly has never disappointed us with the service.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your amazing review and choosing to stay at Hilton Durban. It is always good to receive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel was clean and decent. However it did not show signs of any difference to other established with a lower rating. I also found it to be quiet a boring place with not real entertainment to tickle my curiosity. For a Saturday night it was quiet dull and boring so i went to my room to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review.
I would like to apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have started the rejuvenation of our hotel entrance, reception and lobby, which is scheduled to last until April 2014 and then moving onto our restaurants and all new bar...

Would love to welcome you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in Durban and It was really a great experiance.Helpfull staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, secure parking and great food.It is located close to the beach and the city centre.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for sending in your great review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked in for the night (15 feb) at the Hilton in Durban. I phoned in two days before requesting early check-in as I was attending a wedding at 3pm and their regular check in time would be too late. The lady at the front desk was helpful and said she had noted it on the system but I should also phone through the moment I land, which I did. They said they were preparing the room and when I arrived at 45 min later it will be ready. It wasn't. I was kept a further 30 min and told it was cause they had only just informed house keeping. If I hadn't gone to remind her that I was still waiting she would have continued to check-out all the guests before turning her attention to me. She acknowledged she had forgotten.

I wanted to cool off with a quick swim in the pool. I was so disappointed with its size. Servicing 12 floors of rooms there were only a few deck chairs. No pool towels to be found only two rather drunk and loud men with their 3/4 finished bottle of patrone. One of the staff that I approached about this had the attitude that this is not my problem and come back later when they are gone.

The room was advertised with breakfast but I was surprised on arrival at the restaurant that it wasn't. The hostess was rude, she ushered me to my table and told me the systems were slow and would come back in 2minutes to confirm if breakfast was included or not. She failed to come tell me. I don't mind having to pay if it wasn't included but all I demand is service. Let me know what the story is. Don't leave me waiting. It seems to be a trend with hilton employees to just forget to come back to you.Obvious lack of understanding of what good service means. Poor!

The hilton is located close to the ICC which means a lot of foreigners walk throughout their doors. Not proudly South African

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to complete your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding the service provided by our Front Desk and Restaurant team and I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager and the Food & Beverage Operations Manager and remedial action has since been taken. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention – it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Excellent Hotel, Awesone ambiance and experiance from entering the lobby to the bedroom. It can certainly improve on house keeping timing! Loved the breakfast menu. Love the helpful stuff from entering the hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sending in your review, your great comments regarding our staff and breakfast and will surely pass on your feedback to our Executive Housekeeper.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Friendly staff and extermelly helpful. We had an early start and they organised a breakfast pack for us with no problems.The hotel was very clean & in a decent location. The outdoor pool was good and the whole experience good. It's about 4 blocks back from the beach and in a pretty quiet location. Would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and sending in your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.