“Warm welcome”

Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Liverpool
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We are enjoying the hospitality and kindness of the staff at Hilton Hotel, Durban South Africa.
Amazing staff, beautiful smiles and amazing facilities, from Afternoon Tea to dinner in the restaurant.

Nothing has been too much trouble on our first if what we hope are more vacations to South Africa and our new friends here.

Thanks to you all from the WEBB party!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your great review. I will surely pass your comments onto the team.

Markus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Even during winter we had enjoyed sunny South Africa during our stay in Duran(Little India). The location of the hotel was fantastic and ideal. Club Lounge facilities were very good. Hospitality and service was excellent.

Room Tip: Sea View room are good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review and for your lovely comments regarding our excellent service and facilities.

Sunninghill, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Hilton Hotel, is at the centre of Durban and near to town, North coast, neighbouring businesses and holiday destinations . The rooms are clean and furnished with quality finishes. The breakfast is lovely, just what the Doctor ordered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Kelebogile Port... L
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban, Durban's landmark hotel and for taking the time to complete your wonderful guest review. Will surely pass on your comments to the entire team.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wonderful way to distress and spend quiet time. Good break away from normal routine. Staff willing assisted with all requests to make the stay magical. Hotel peaceful and relaxed. Excellent service. Hilton Hotel certainly has never disappointed us with the service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your amazing review and choosing to stay at Hilton Durban. It is always good to receive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Pietermarizburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel was clean and decent. However it did not show signs of any difference to other established with a lower rating. I also found it to be quiet a boring place with not real entertainment to tickle my curiosity. For a Saturday night it was quiet dull and boring so i went to my room to sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review.
I would like to apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have started the rejuvenation of our hotel entrance, reception and lobby, which is scheduled to last until April 2014 and then moving onto our restaurants and all new bar...

Would love to welcome you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Empangeni, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in Durban and It was really a great experiance.Helpfull staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, secure parking and great food.It is located close to the beach and the city centre.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for sending in your great review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked in for the night (15 feb) at the Hilton in Durban. I phoned in two days before requesting early check-in as I was attending a wedding at 3pm and their regular check in time would be too late. The lady at the front desk was helpful and said she had noted it on the system but I should also phone through the moment I land, which I did. They said they were preparing the room and when I arrived at 45 min later it will be ready. It wasn't. I was kept a further 30 min and told it was cause they had only just informed house keeping. If I hadn't gone to remind her that I was still waiting she would have continued to check-out all the guests before turning her attention to me. She acknowledged she had forgotten.

I wanted to cool off with a quick swim in the pool. I was so disappointed with its size. Servicing 12 floors of rooms there were only a few deck chairs. No pool towels to be found only two rather drunk and loud men with their 3/4 finished bottle of patrone. One of the staff that I approached about this had the attitude that this is not my problem and come back later when they are gone.

The room was advertised with breakfast but I was surprised on arrival at the restaurant that it wasn't. The hostess was rude, she ushered me to my table and told me the systems were slow and would come back in 2minutes to confirm if breakfast was included or not. She failed to come tell me. I don't mind having to pay if it wasn't included but all I demand is service. Let me know what the story is. Don't leave me waiting. It seems to be a trend with hilton employees to just forget to come back to you.Obvious lack of understanding of what good service means. Poor!

The hilton is located close to the ICC which means a lot of foreigners walk throughout their doors. Not proudly South African

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to complete your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding the service provided by our Front Desk and Restaurant team and I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager and the Food & Beverage Operations Manager and remedial action has since been taken. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention – it is greatly appreciated.