Blue Waters Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Durban(Durban)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblue dolphinsea viewgolden milesuncoast casinomoses mabhida stadiumbuffet breakfastsun coast casinodurban beachfronttv channelsindian oceanrooms are spaciousreception areamarine paradebalconypromenadeporterestablishment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hotel is clean,food nice,staff friendly,room's up to standard stayed there for 6 nights right on the Beach front of durban,down stairs nice plce to relax Blue Dolphin they play nice music if you need a drink,theres buses on site it you wanna see Shaka Marine or wanna see more on Durbans Beaches or town.

Room Tip: Room see facing are nice and big none smoking,they have A/C and LCD TV with DSTV,bar fridge coffee,tea making facilities.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, right on Durban's Golden Mile. Spent a fantastic week with the family here. We walked across to the beach and all along the Mile. The breakfast buffet was more than ample and good value for money. The kids loved it.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Kes R
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Apparently staying at this hotel for 9 nights makes no difference to blue waters staff. A 12 noon check out was confirmed by the duty manager on sunday and on Monday , the receptionist insisted that I should checkout at 11 the latest. Do u lie to all your customers ? I could have stayed for 20 nights and it wouldn't have made a difference. Also a 14th floor room was supposedly "reserved " on the day of checkin when phoning to confirm but 10th floor given on checkin. Why should I continue to support a hotel that treats regular returining guests like dirt? never again. I blame the staff, duty manager and general manager for this. Do not trust this hotel.

Room Tip: check in at garden court
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank es786
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at the Blue Waters recently on my educational trip and it was on point. Got the best deal for three day with Breakfast. Rooms have been refurbished with LCD TV, nice work table and a chair, coffee making facility and a big bath room (shower).

The breakfast is huge, for a "South African restaurant", with nice big sausages (another not so South African feature). I pity myself for my tight schedule which deprived me the chance to enjoy breakfast.

Well located for travelling Durban city with public transport next door at R4. When travelling back you just say North Beach and you in the Hotel in a flash.

The view from the room is breath-taking. If you are from a landlocked country like myself you really have to stay in room 813 - perfect.

Internet was an issue from my room and its the only thing that management must work on!!!

From Hotelier to Hotelier = The bar staff at the ground floor were tops in terms of friendliness and openness. The Host in the breakfast room -male dark is also good with people. Lausanne Naidoo at reception can not be left out - she connects well and is very good.

You can choose a 5 star hotel if you have money and willing to spend unnecessarily, otherwise use Blue waters. The Hotel is very good and I will be returning soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KingSuthu
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My family and I have been booking @ bluewaters for the last 5 years but this was my last year I stay there. Rooms we clean but service @ the breakfast was terrible. I understand they are busy but at least put a smile on your face and be pleasent.my reson for not booking ere again is due to the lack of friendlyness from all staff.

• Stayed: January 2014