US$94
US$127
US$124
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$71
US$62
  • Free Breakfast
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$149
US$116
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$84
US$170
US$156
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsflorida roadstaff complementgreat little boutique hotelsafe walking distancenight lifethe location is perfectroom was spaciousbusiness staybreakfast servicecomrades marathonfantastic stayreception areahome away from homeestablishmentryanstadiumrunners
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I spent just one night at the Quarters during a long trip across South Africa and I found it a charming place, very welcoming. The room was perfectly clean, the staff was helpful, and the included breakfast absolutely excellent.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2007

The Quarters Hotel was very nice. The rooms are clean and well decorated, although on the smaller side. The staff is exceptionally pleasant. The neighborhood is safe during the day, but I would recommend taking a taxi at night.
The restaurant has excellent food. Breakfast is included in the rate, and it is really nice – fresh juices and fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastries, cheeses, as well as eggs, French toast, etc. We ate dinner twice at the restaurant because it was so delicious.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2007

We stayed recently at Quarters in large part because Trip Advisor has proved so reliable in past trips. We had just come from An African Villa in Cape Town which was wonderful. Durban was hot and humid and our room was hot and dark. Our A/C unit was not working but the staff kept telling us that it was user error. When at 10 I asked them to please change rooms for us they said that the hotel was full, however 20 mins later when I visited the lobby to at least get a fan, a room came open. We found the location to be noisy, crowded, and just not a very desireable hotel. At best without the A/C problem I would rate it just so-so.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank suehoff
Reviewed 16 November 2006

I'm always using tripadvisor so decided to write back about my experience. I LOVED the Quarters. Great service - can you believe they packed my breakfast b/c my flight was very early in the morning? Never heard of anything like that. The room is very comfortable, bathroom is excellent. Only one issue: was staying with a friend and there are no rooms with two beds. Ok! They provided an extra single bed. The restaurant is FANTASTIC. Service is more than great. I needed to buy a bottle of a specific wine for my father and they located one place that had this wine and took care of everything for me. I ended up buying a whole box of this rare wine b/c they found it for me. Location, location, location. Very near very good restaurants and safe place to walk around. All my friends staying in the area where most hotels are were regreting their choice (this was a big conference) when they saw the Quarters. If you go to Durban, stay at the Quarters Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank let28
Reviewed 30 August 2006

We loved the Quarters hotel. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful.

The restaurant was one of the best we have been too.... and with the great exchange rate, you can't go wrong!

I would definitely stay at the Quarters again if we ever decide to go back to Durban...

We didn't really like Durban- it seemed unsafe and we didn't feel comfortable walking around.

The price seemed significantly more expensive than quoted on this website (175$ per night).

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple