Free cancellation until 21/07
US$117
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$147
US$116
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$71
US$47
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$72
US$64
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$65
US$61
Agoda.com
US$156
US$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$139
US$134
US$98
US$91
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$244
  • Pool
All reviewsflorida roadstaff complementgreat little boutique hotelsafe walking distancenight lifethe location is perfectroom was spaciousbusiness staybreakfast servicecomrades marathonfantastic stayreception areahome away from homeestablishmentryanstadiumrunners
Reviewed 28 February 2009

We visited South Africa recently for a wedding, and after reading previous reviews on trip advisor decided to book with The Quarters. There was a warm welcome from staff when we arrived, they were very helpful and were able to call us taxi's to wherever we needed to go and advised us of where we could go safely, on foot, from the hotel. The breakfast each morning was perfect, and prepared to a far higher standard than any other hotel I have ever stayed in. We had one evening meal in the hotel, which was very good, and as with breakfast, the serving staff were friendly and attentive.

While we were staying, there were some upgrades to the television service, which caused some disruption to the signal, but did improve the service once completed.

All in all an excellent hotel and I would recommend to any-one!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Have stayed at the Quarters at least a dozen times and keep coming back. Wonderful property in the heart of the night life area on Florida Road. Just walk out of the door and there are dozens of restaurants, bars and nightspots. The four Victorian buildings are lovingly restored, comfortable and spacious. What makes the difference though is the (overwhelmingly female) staff. It really makes you feel welcome every time. It is a great place to stay if you are on business in Durban and prefer some atmosphere as opposed to the large international chain hotels.

The one issue I have had several times is that the restaurant and bar is booked for functions nearly every weekend. So when staying at the hotel over a weekend you can not make use of these facilities. There is plenty of choice nearby so its not a trainsmash.

Lack of a pool makes it a 4 star for me.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Africa_Travels
Reviewed 18 May 2008

My secretary made the reservation for me at the hotel after my usual hotel was fully booked. Initially i had reservations as i had never heard of Quarters! On arrival and check in, i was pleasantly surprise. The front desk agent immediately acknowledge my name and reservation details, did an express check-in, gave me a quick brief about the facilities at the hotel and directed me to my room.
The rooms was clean, cosy and comfortable, airconditioning perfect. A welcome note from the manager was placed on the dressing table, I was welcome here! Bath room was clean, guest supplies generous including a facial scrub!
When i went down for dinner the service in the restaurant was excellent, the young waitress polite and food great. Its been a while since i last cleaned my plate in a restaurant! I must say that i thoroughly enjoyed my meal experience. Breakfast was fairly elaborate but generous.
Check-out was hassle free. Next time i'm in Durban, this cosy little hotel has my business. Pity that i could stay for long.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Gee66
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I spent just one night at the Quarters during a long trip across South Africa and I found it a charming place, very welcoming. The room was perfectly clean, the staff was helpful, and the included breakfast absolutely excellent.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2007

The Quarters Hotel was very nice. The rooms are clean and well decorated, although on the smaller side. The staff is exceptionally pleasant. The neighborhood is safe during the day, but I would recommend taking a taxi at night.
The restaurant has excellent food. Breakfast is included in the rate, and it is really nice – fresh juices and fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastries, cheeses, as well as eggs, French toast, etc. We ate dinner twice at the restaurant because it was so delicious.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family