“Early Morning treat”
Review of The Factory Cafe - CLOSED

The Factory Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Coffee destination, entertainment space, music venue. Inside the Colombo Coffee roastery. Fresh roasted coffee, exclusive teas & light meals for breakfast and lunch.Choose from a large range of craft coffee & select teas for home. Free WiFi
Reviewed 3 September 2013

7.30 am one Monday morning, before most business's had opened I found this by mistake, saw the sign,doubled back parked and went upstairs. It was delightful, unexpected, I had a wake me up coffee, it was too early after a weekend to get food but the wonderful coffee made up for it.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I dream about the 'Aggressive Chocolate' blend - seriously the best coffee in Durban. They are located in the Colombo Coffee Building on Gale Street and supply most of Durban's best coffee shops, you cannot go wrong if you're after a caffeine fix!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

A must-do for anyone who appreciates good coffee. Unique, authentic decor; eclectic clientele; awesome (if not-quite-hot-enough) coffee. A complete and pleasing package.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I must be honest, I've never had a cup of coffee or anything to eat inside. So I can't comment on that, but I've heard it's great!!

I buy all my beans from The Factory Cafe. They're priced well, quality is great, and the roaster knows what he's doing. I've had one or two bad bags, but that was due to a poor source of beans, and these guys quickly stopped buying coffee from these origins.

Overall these guys are fantastic, they're friendly, helpful, but most of all the quality of their product is fantastic!!! I love the Colombian beans they have, but the Indonesian is great, the Guatemala is great too!!!

I simply cannot understand how people can deal with drinking crappy stale coffee they buy off the supermarket shelves. I'm extremely picky about my coffee, and this place gets a big thumbs up!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had no lunch but i had tea and chocolate ! A "restaurant" that overflows with authenticity and creativity . Gone are the days of being able to keep your shop open unless you're often something more than just a product and one has to highlight that the experince here is what its all about. delightful !

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant