“Best coffee in Durban”
Review of The Factory Cafe - CLOSED

The Factory Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Coffee destination, entertainment space, music venue. Inside the Colombo Coffee roastery. Fresh roasted coffee, exclusive teas & light meals for breakfast and lunch.Choose from a large range of craft coffee & select teas for home. Free WiFi
Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you just want coffee - this should definitely be your first choice - but if you are gluten intolerant and need something to eat - they are either unwilling or unable to help you.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

So my sister and I stumbled across the "The Factory" by accident. It has a unique nostalgic layout that makes you feel as though you are sharing in the owners dream. They have interesting furniture however the restaurants physical features itself, cannot take the focus away from the coffee. It was simply amazing as well as their food (Chocolate & banana muffin is a must-try). The patrons are a mix of young and old, all simply relaxed. Definitely one of my new favourite breakfast spots.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Popped in for breakfast on a Saturday at about 9. Found a few customers and staff who must have had a big night. Service was very slow however I was not in a rush. Very good cuppuccino with and extra shot, mediocre croissant. Fun warehouose vibe.

This place is very difficult to find if you dont live in Durban. Even after parking in the side street and approaching the door I was not sure I was in the right place. Halway up the stairs I asked the security guard, who reassured me. Once inside it was worth it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is in quite a difficult location. When you arrive the whole flash dance New York vibe is interesting yet been done. The coffee however is decidedly average. Coffee was bitter and not worth the effort. If you want to compete just do it.

Kyle F, Owner at The Factory Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hi Kylerev,

Please accept my apologies for the late response to your email, we have had a very busy year!

I would just like to say that I appreciate your feedback and comments on our location, decor and coffee. We are often complemented, but we value the negative reviews just as much as the positive.

We can't change our location, because its placed in the historic Colombo coffee roastery - but we do try to communicate it pretty well on our social media and online presence. Seeing as your review is online, I am guessing you will have easy access to http://www.factorycafe.co.za - please find a Google Maps direction feed which should help if you're ever keen to visit again.

In regards to the coffee, please know that we do our upmost to produce 100% excellence, but may slip up occasionally. I hope that if choose to visit again, we can make up for your disappointing experience with an incredible cup!

All the best, looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Kyle, Dani & the Factory Cafe team

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The cafè is very hipster-esque and has a unique Cape Town feel. There are a range of unique coffee blends that most will find intriguing. The food menu is very limited with 3 or so offerings for the either breakfast or lunch. The quality of food is fair, but nothing to rant about. A different setting for meetings however a located in a particularly awkward area.