“Two Day Tour, Perfect!!”

Country and Coastal Touring - Day Tours
Ranked #13 of 67 Tours in Durban
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours conducted throughout KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. We offer a variety of tours from wildlife safaris, guided battlefield experiences, photography tours, hiking in the Drakensberg, mountain-biking adventures, golfing tours and more. All tours undertaken by qualified and experienced guides.
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two Day Tour, Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was in Durban doing research, but it was every difficult to book tours as a solo traveller. I tried booking tours with other organizations but they would cancel on me. Shelldon to the rescue! I contacted him and heard back almost immediately. He helped me plan exactly what I needed to do, and also suggested some additional excursions. We went to Phezulu, Tala game reserve, Dlinza forest and Shakaland. It was all beautiful and amazing. He was on time to pick me up both days and knew exactly what he was talking about - most informative tour guide I've had!

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Kirsten S

Traunstein, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hluhluwe Imfolozi Perfect Day Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My colleagues and me were to Durban for work, so we only had time for a trip on a Sunday. But that was no problem. Shelldon picked us up at our hotel and we went to the northern part (Hluhluwe) of the park. On the way to the park Shelldon already told us many interesting things about the country and the people living in the area. In the park we had a lot of sightings and managed to see 4 of the big 5!!! (only the leopard was missing). An awesome experience! Thanks to a very friendly and knowledgeable guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Daniel M
Shelldon_Wells, Owner at Country and Coastal Touring - Day Tours, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Hi Daniel. I'm please you enjoyed the tour, it was a very good day, with a fantastic lion sighting! Looking forward to one day seeing you on our shores again. Best wishes for the future, Shelldon.
Montreal, Canada
““Hluhluwe Imfolozi Safari Tour"...amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We contacted Shelldon from Canada asking him to organize a Safari day as our time was limited.
From the beginning, Shelldon was of a great advice. He picked us up from our hotel and the day was just great! We have enjoyed both the wonders of the reserve as his passion for what he does.We walked through the bush in the morning aboard the open game vehicle and we took our lunch on the heights of the reserve ... a breathtaking view!
I recommend Shelldon without hesitation and I plan a return with my family for the next year!
Great guide et very funny! Thank you, Shelldon!!!

Visited December 2013
Hi Carmen. So pleased you enjoyed the day! We had a pretty good day, with some excellent sightings, and I hope one you'll be back for more. Best regards and wishes, Shelldon.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience and excellent guide!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My collegue and I were in Durban for business and decided to go on a safari. We reserved a day with Sheldon from Country and Coastal Touring and went to the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve. The whole adventure was great! Sheldon was very knowledgable about almost everything and I definitely learned a lot from this sarafi. I was a little dissapointed, however with the fact that the open-top jeep drive was for only a part of the tour, it would have been great if it lasted the whole day. Perhaps this can be an option in the future for other safari goers? Overall, the trip was fantastic, we saw a whole bunch of animals and I would definitely go with the same tour again. Thanks for an unforgettable day!

Visited December 2013
Hi Igelly. First off, thanks for the kind words. Regarding the open-top jeep drive, I will certainly take your advice and perhaps in the future be able to offer it as both a morning and afternoon game drive. Best wishes for the future! Regards, Shelldon.
Castelfranco Veneto, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hluhluwe Imfolozi Safari Tour....very special!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I contacted Shelldon and in the few days has organized a wonderful safari. We saw many animals, giraffes, buffalos, rhinos, crocodiles, zebras and many colorful birds. Great guide and great sympathy! A perfect holiday!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marco-Castelfranco-V
Shelldon_Wells, Owner at Country and Coastal Touring - Day Tours, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
It was a pleasure to spend time with you guys and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Durban.