“A delightful Fish restaurant”

Jack Salmon Fish House
Ranked #10 of 627 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Jack Salmon Fish House prides itself in sourcing only the freshest seafood available. This is where exceptional seafood and world class views meet. Truly inspired by the sea!
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Brilliant, food was amazing with personal attention from th owner.. I ate there 2 nights in a row!! Order the prawns with Jack's secret sauce. The sushi is also really good. They have a house wine which is served from a bottle, not a box wine. The ambience is really good and overlooks the sea.

There are newer reviews for Jack Salmon Fish House

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is the second time I have eaten here. The first time in March 2014 I had not heard of the name. That time I was pleasantly surprised, but they had a few issues to sort out on service and food. This time round my wife and I dined with friends and youngsters aged 9 / 10. The menu combination of traditional seafood combined with sushi makes for a great combination. Today I had the mussels starter with white wine and the hake Cleopatra. Both where excellent! I sampled a few pieces of sushi which was very good and fresh. The kids had the Death by Chocolate Brownie which looked awesome. Wine menu is very limited and we used the corkage option at R35. However this looks like a Resaurant that will be around for a while - definitely well worth a visit if you like seafood. Great location and nice sea views.

1  Thank Rex S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped for Saturday lunch as we were passing and had heard that the food here was good.
The resturant was empty except for about five other tables so we chose to sit on the balcony.You have an amazing view of the ocean and we were lucky enough to have five old planes passing doing acrobatics as the small airport is close by.
The service was good except when we were asked if the food was ok when I replied just ok,with that the waiter just smiled.
The mussels I had would have been lovely if they and the sauce that they were in had been warm and it was a very small portion for a main meal. I mentioned this to the person i pressumed was the manager and he replied he'd let the kitchen know.
My husband ordered the fish and chips which unusually arrived on a bed of mashed potato with a portion of chips.His meal was just ok and the chips in his words horrible.
Very dissapointing.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is truly the best fish restaurant in Durban - One of the greatest attributes of a restaurant is
consistency! After many visits, Jack Salmon's tasty dishes always deliver an excellent quality that is always remembered.
From the tasty Meze platter to the truly authentic Sushi, we will always visit this oasis when holidaying in Durbs.
Congratulations to the Chef and never ever take those brownies off the menu!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this place by another Joberger and well I am glad we made a trip to it. By far one of the top sea food restaurant's. The sushi was excellent and the Kingclip Cleopatra was superb. Do your self a favour if in Durban / Umhlanga make a trip to this excellently priced amazing service and beautiful places.

1  Thank Faye D