“Croc's & Zulu Fun”

Phezulu Safari Park
Ranked #11 of 135 things to do in Durban
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Its a bit touristy but seeing the Crocs was good & you can for an extra fee go into an enclosure with loads of them to eat a meal in front of them. I had a croc burger & got so close they hissed at me. The Zulu dance show was quite fun considering they do it several times a day.

1  Thank Robert_B_London61
"breathtaking views"
in 3 reviews
"fun fun fun"

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm from South Africa and have been to Phezulu a number of times. On the east coast, if you love wildlife and seeing how the Zulu's live and dance it is one of the things to do. I know the tourists I've encountered there have had a blast

2  Thank Tarryn C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I went to the Phezulu Snake and crocodile park as we learned that the Fitzsimon Snake Park in Durban has closed down and some snakes were transferred to the Phezulu Safari Park. We phoned in the morning to ask if we could just visit the snake park and was told yes and the entrance fee per person would be R35. We arrived and as we purchase the 'tickets', we were charged R45 oer person and the cashier told me that R35 was for children. Strange that whoever picked up the phone that morning gave me the price of a child's ticket. We decided to go in as we were already there. We were given one ticket for both of us, with a serial number printed on it, and then the cashier wrote on it "2 adults". We weren't given any receipts. Of course we know what was happening.

There were some snakes in display, an iguana, and a number of crocodiles in an area below. The snakes were mostly common ones. Despite being on my tiptoe, I could not see the displays in the boxes on the top row. It was a total waste of time and money. I definitely do not recommend this place.

I have read some other comments on the internet. In general, the who safari park did not receive much favorable reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I went to phezulu safari park ages ago it was a run down little place but ive been there recently to show a friend junior but he was dead so i was sad. But i met up with chris he took the time to chat to us make us feel like the best customers ever real vip treatment he told us so much about reptiles my head spined it was fantastic he told us about a demo we went there it was great he proved snakes arnt monsters trying to kill me we had great luaghs hes a crazy guy but great it was well worth the trip will bring more friends hope to see chris again

Regards: tracy

1  Thank Christiaan B
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to the Zulu village, where we were introduced to Zulu customs and culture, including some of their dances. The dancers were nothing short of amazing! The energy they had, and their ability to move was extraordinary. We also were able to go inside several of the traditional Zulu huts, which were interesting. There is a gift shop here with gorgeous souvenirs, most of which are very reasonably priced. After the culture show we went over to see the crocodiles, turtles and snakes, which was quite interesting, especially seeing the crocodile feeding. All in all, our time here was quite enjoyable. If you are interested in Zulu culture, this is an interesting place to visit. The countryside between Durban and this area is absolutely beautiful.

1  Thank Jesusan