“Surprisingly average”

Ranked #481 of 618 Restaurants in Durban
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Surprisingly average”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It's unfortunate that I'd had lunch at the restaurant next door to Cappello's the day before because my experience here was very average. The waiter was very bland and, while I accept that not every restaurant wants super bubbly waiters, I've never heard of a restaurant say that a smile hurt. Unfortunately, our waiter didn't seem very interested. They don't have a very vast range of ciders so prepare to drink something along the lines of beer, winie of Hunters while you're there (if you're not driving). The food was average. The calamari and spiced rice I ordered was okay. The calamari itself was very dry. It was calamari deep fried but, not only was the batter super dry but the actual fish inside was also dry. The rice was good but in the theme of dryness, there was no sauce to pour over it as an option. Given that there is a pretty awesome Italian restaurant right next door, I can't see why anyone would would choose to patronize this establishment instead.

Visited November 2013