“durban spa relaxation”
Review of Durban Spa

Durban Spa
Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 24 June 2012

stayed at durban spa off season. was pleasant and relaxing. good place to take the family.

Room Tip: had a room facing the sea as well as the harbour
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank abusufyaan
There are newer reviews for Durban Spa

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Spent 5 nights there while attending a tourism exhibition in Durban. I found the rooms to be spacious, comfortable and clean - stayed in a two bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen/lounge apartment.

I didnt use the hotels facilities so cannot comment on these but the strong chlorine smell from the pool was noticeable in the corridors and lobby.

The highlight was watching the sunrise over the Indian Ocean from the spacious balcony and my morning walks down the new and vastly improved Durban beachfront, just over the road. I felt quite safe walking along the beachfront and the OR Tambo Parade (previously known as Marine Parade) even late at night, police were always visible (though this may have been due to the Tourism Indaba). I wouldn't however recommend venturing into the streets behind the hotel on foot, particularly at night.

On site parking was safe and secure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Tom V
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The booking was done last year and I found the reservations staff although a bit slow on the response, very helpful and they made a plan to still find us something for INDABA.

We got a flat on the 10th floor, with 2 bathrooms. All was very clean and we could see that the SPA have put in considerable renovations since we last visited it in May 2010.

It is self catering, and really have the best selection of crockery, pans, etc that I have yet found in any accommodation of this type. Safe parking was also offered at a small extra charge.

The location was walking distance to Ushaka Marine world, and it was on the Golden Mile with a children entertainment and water world right in front.

The beds was great, but we were a bit cold at night and the pillows was very hard (but that is a personal preference).

I loved taking a swim in the heated pools in the evening, it was quite relaxing.

This place is not for the luxury traveler, but a family or someone like me on business that just need a good clean and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first 3 floors have balconies, but is very noisy. The ones higher up have more bed...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank AfricanProfileSaf
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I enjoyed every moment of my stay. I loved where it was situated, everything was a walking distance and I didn't spend too much time on the road while driving.

I'm definitely coming back with my friends in September!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Peaches_B21
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The location is fantastic but the room we stayed in where not up to standard! It was dirty and the place feels rundown. The staff were very polite and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank traveladventure101
Reviewed 12 September 2011

durban spa is a marvelous hotel to stay in. Its wonderful view a well organised place. Good quality staff. Friendly and calm. Very clean

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank Happym35
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Me and ny boyfriend went for vacation and booked for four nights and we arrived way before the checking time , from the front office to the security everybody was so helpful they asked us to go out for breakfast and familiarise ourselves with the city while they are preparing our room. In about 3 hours we got a call from the hotel telling us that the room Is ready we can come and check in. The room was very clean and spacous. Even though we had a partly view of the sea but the service was xcellent!!! We loved the heated pool and the jaccuzzi I'm going back there again in November this time m taking my friends.

• Stayed: March 2011