“Taco Sushi Surprise”

Dining options: After-hours
Durban, South Africa
“Taco Sushi Surprise”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Ive never been a fan of Taco Zulu per say. I thought the pizzas to be too big and had little toppings. When i heard they had opened a Sushi bar upstairs I didnt think much of it until my friend said it was good.

Wow! I had a plate that had springbok and gorgonzola cheese sushi. It was so amazing! The rest of the sushi was good and ive been back three times.
Not a fan of the windowless room but the decorations make for a calm setting.

• Visited May 2014

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Sushi at TacoZ”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Sushi - really good (but really large)
Service - pretty good coming from the waiting staff. Front of house or management - lacking
Ambiance - referring to the atmosphere of - it's fair to say I visited the restaurant at busy times so noisy is putting it mildly. Most of the diners were probably in their teens or just over, so they tend to be rather more animated than most. I don't like to feel "crammed in" and t.b.h., at Taco - you are. Still, it's a vibey, fun atmosphere and I don't mind it
Pricing: average
Drinks: average
Would I go again: yes

• Visited April 2014
Durban, South Africa
“Yikes.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

As far as I know, Zulus never had anything to do Tacos. That should have been the first warning. But, seduced by a lunchtime craving for Mexican food, we sat at one of the outdoor tables off the pavement. We ordered tacos. Skipping past the terrible service (our very presence seemed to annoy our server), the food was dreadful. Specifically, the lettuce in the tacos was off - like mushy, smelly sludge. Yuck. I'm sure it's a great place for late night drinks, but save your stomach the pain of ordering food.

• Visited April 2014
“Didn't enjoy”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Shocking service and very average food. I had nachos which were probably the worst I've ever had. Would be good for cocktails and drinks but definitely not dinner.

Visited May 2014
Krugersdorp, South Africa
“Nice enough...”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were a big group with family and friends, the place is very vibes and perfect for a few drinks with your mates. The food is well priced and portion sizes are extremely generous. Only downfall for me was the service, very slow! And the music was unbearable techno-house that really could have been a couple levels lower. It turns the place into a night club not a restaurant.

Visited May 2014